BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to retro fit a 2000 M5 with the newer "Angle Eye's"? How much does something like that cost?

·
Registered
752 Posts
it is possible and they sell kits all over ebay. I have a friend who did it and it came out looking great... Also saved a lot of money

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is possible and they sell kits all over ebay. I have a friend who did it and it came out looking great... Also saved a lot of money
That's what I'm thinking. If I can find a 2000 with low-ish miles and save 5-10K and just put the Angle Eye's in I'd be happy. I don't understand why someone would pay 10k more for an 03 with close to the same odo as an 01. Is their some big difference between an 01 and an 03????

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have a 2000 im selling... With the upgraded headlights and a few other mods. If your interested let me know.... Black n Blue Interior. CBM exterior

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 2000 im selling... With the upgraded headlights and a few other mods. If your interested let me know.... Black n Blue Interior. CBM exterior
How many miles? Nice color combo. I'm not looking to pick one up for about a year or so. I have a baby on the way and my mustang has no back seat, so on days that I have to drop the kid off I'll take the beast, or atleast this is what I tell the wife. This is my reasoning for needed an M5. lol

·
Registered
752 Posts
How many miles? Nice color combo. I'm not looking to pick one up for about a year or so. I have a baby on the way and my mustang has no back seat, so on days that I have to drop the kid off I'll take the beast, or atleast this is what I tell the wife. This is my reasoning for needed an M5. lol
haha yea it def. a good reason to get an m5. Speed, Safety and luxury.

I have about 100k on it. Runs, Drives and lokos great though. If your interested email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have a 99 540i/6spd that came with the optional HID headlights. I did some hunting around, and discovered that alot of the cheap look-a-like units sold on ebay don't exactly fit quite right all the time. I decided to pony up the extra bucks and buy OEM hella units from BAVauto. I probably paid a bit too much, ($1300.00ish), but, a quick swap, and they fit and look perfect. They came with all the wirind adapters to power the angel eyes feature as well.

·
Registered
167 Posts
This is probably the best way overall - though pricey. I believe Umnitza, a board sponser has the Hella's for about $900-ish. Their projector39's are spose to be pretty good, many of the board members have upgraded with them and have had good results.

And without rude responses, there is a search function along the top blue banner. There have been many threads regarding headlamp upgrade that would probably be worth checking out. Lots of how-to etc.

I have a 99 540i/6spd that came with the optional HID headlights. I did some hunting around, and discovered that alot of the cheap look-a-like units sold on ebay don't exactly fit quite right all the time. I decided to pony up the extra bucks and buy OEM hella units from BAVauto. I probably paid a bit too much, ($1300.00ish), but, a quick swap, and they fit and look perfect. They came with all the wirind adapters to power the angel eyes feature as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
clear corner OEMs (hella) can be had at eurosportdesign.com for 1k. I installed them on my '00 E39 540. I am not mechanically inclined and it took me just about 2 hours...perfect fit. I used stock ballasts..... directions can be found on the internet.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
If you want the hellas, umnitza has them for the cheapest I've seen.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
TGS, yes its possible, and its very easy.
We upgraded my car last night. I picked up some US Spec Angel Eyes for around $300. Got the plugs for around $20. Took us about an hour... The biggest deal is making a new harness. One of two ways, tap into the turn signal wiring that is already there, or buy/make an adapter to make it a true plug and play. Adapters are ~$80 last I looked.
Was planning to do a few step document, but arrived at my friends house without a card for my camera (DOH!!) But after doing it, its not a big deal, was very simple.

Matt

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
We have a few Hella in stock now.
They are PRICEY these days.

We do have new Projector39s in stock as well, and will offer a $50 discount to forum members:)

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
...I know the currency rates must be killing the Umnitza guys and other parts importers, but gosh, the newest model is 5, thats FIVE years old and even over here their still gouging people with the high prices for parts...

OOOOPS, oooOOOOH darnit, almost forngot, it is.... a BMW....

WHAT?

.... I picked up some US Spec Angel Eyes for around $300. .......
...where'd ya get them?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts