BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone suggest a place for a PPI in Northern, VA?

I found this place which is convenient to where the car is located that I am looking at:

AutoScandia | Saab Auto Repair, Volvo Auto Repair, BMW Auto Repair, Automobile Service Center Transmission Repair, BMW Repair, Virginia State Inspection Station, Foreign Car Repair, Volvo Repair Shop, Volvo mechanic, saab mechanic, Volvo BMW and Saab

Has anyone used this place or can suggest one? I talked to Service there at Auto Scandia in Herndon and they have BMW certified repair techs and have worked on many M5's and are familiar with the issues they tend to have. They are charge $139 which seems fair.

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
Can someone suggest a place for a PPI in Northern, VA?

I found this place which is convenient to where the car is located that I am looking at:

AutoScandia | Saab Auto Repair, Volvo Auto Repair, BMW Auto Repair, Automobile Service Center Transmission Repair, BMW Repair, Virginia State Inspection Station, Foreign Car Repair, Volvo Repair Shop, Volvo mechanic, saab mechanic, Volvo BMW and Saab

Has anyone used this place or can suggest one? I talked to Service there at Auto Scandia in Herndon and they have BMW certified repair techs and have worked on many M5's and are familiar with the issues they tend to have. They are charge $139 which seems fair.
Don't got to AutoScandia. Bad rep. Go to Fairfax Service Center. That is the premier indy in NoVa and the only Dinan authorized service center in NoVa. They know their E39 M5s and did a lot of high quality work on mine.

--Peter

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
RRT knows their way around BMWs, as well. But, I don't know first-hand how any of those shops are - i'm pretty sure Peter (herrubermensch) does, however.

·
Registered
624 Posts
2nd on Fairfax Service Center. Reese is great.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No need for it now. The place the guy had his own PPI had enough issues come back that I decided I was not interested. My search continues. Think I am going to focus on a 2001 or 2002 model anyways.

·
Registered
624 Posts
There is a 2002 LMB that just popped up on Washington, DC Craigslist. Looks pretty good. In South Riding, it looks like. Not sure if in your price range(its priced a tad high, IMO) but maybe worth checking out...

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh my gosh that is awesome but a bit out of my range. I found a 2002 in NY that has just 58K on it for 20K firm that I was about to jump on but it had two tone interior.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts