BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off, i want to thank both Matt's for an exceptional service! I Recieved my ecu back 2 days after i shipped it. Installed it right away and OMG!!! The difference is night and day. The car is not jerky at all upon acceleration and is very smooth. The first time i got to open it up was when i made a left onto a highway entrance and saw a 1/4 mile of open road infront of me. 2nd gear, foot to the floor. Wheel spin. 3rd, got a nice chirp. The cars acelleration is MUCH improved and feels a lot of faster. I couldnt believe how fast the speedo was accelerating lol! My grin was to my ears and i couldnt stop throughout the whole drive. PEOPLE if you havent order it. YOU ARE MISSING OUT!!! Great product, i am very happy to have the tune done. Thanks again guys!:biggrin:

I am doing a race with a friend tomorrow who has a stock e39 m5 (apart from supersprint mufflers and a electronic cut out before them) to show you guys the difference so you can see for you self. VIDEO WILL BE UP LATE TOMORROW, STAY TUNED!!

-Andrei

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Awesome. Your description fits with my experience exactly! :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
good stuff dre!!! i have a power chip tune as well and i love it!!!!

Reactions: Jetpilot718

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good stuff dre!!! i have a power chip tune as well and i love it!!!!
Haha really Ro!? no wonder you smoking everyone hahaha:D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Likewise, looking forward to the video too. Since I didn't have a baseline as I had it flashed on day 6 of ownership, this would be a nice back track of what it was from factory ;-)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So i did the race yesterday. My go pro footage failed lol. Wasnt turned on like i thought it was. Anyway the out come was this. We did 4 pulls from a 50 roll. I pulled 2-3 cars strong every time. I was sooo amazed.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
So i did the race yesterday. My go pro footage failed lol. Wasnt turned on like i thought it was. Anyway the out come was this. We did 4 pulls from a 50 roll. I pulled 2-3 cars strong every time. I was sooo amazed.

nice!!! Im sure your buddy is next on the list for the flash? to bad you didnt do a before and after dyno... have you raced this other m5 before stock for stock?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice!!! Im sure your buddy is next on the list for the flash? to bad you didnt do a before and after dyno... have you raced this other m5 before stock for stock?
yes we pulled about even. I was maybe at most 1/2 a car ahead before. So the gain is significant.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ripped off / Total Loss

Power Chip Group and Wayne Besanko ripped me off. Total loss. They have shut down operations here in the US. Their 800 number is shut down.

They claim a guarantee and warranty, which is window dressing to take your money.

They have never sent me the product and provide no support.

IM me for any details or emails.

Total loss, save your money.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
LOL - Here we go again

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Just busted out the popcorn

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Power Chip Group and Wayne Besanko ripped me off. Total loss. They have shut down operations here in the US. Their 800 number is shut down.

They claim a guarantee and warranty, which is window dressing to take your money.

Sorry to hear of your experience.

Powerchip has been banned as a vendor- this story is, unfortunately, oft repeated.

If you paid with a credit card, contact them and issue a 'chargeback'. If you paid with a debit or paypal....why? :(

GL

A

·
Registered
3,605 Posts

What the hell were you thinking? You should really search m5board.com before you try to buy anything else for your car.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I bought mine almost a year ago. They gave me the run around time and time again. I tried emailing Wayne. I tried just about everything except for disputing the charge with my bank. I'm assuming that the time to such a thing has long since passed. Guess I paid 500 bucks for a USB to odb cable and life lesson. At least I kept the cable, sounds like a lot of people weren't even that lucky.

·
Registered
133 Posts
After Matt left I never got anything of value from them. Mostly just emails and new copies of the tune to try.

If anyone wants I'd be happy to share my tune with the board. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts