BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just found out from Wayne that he can now turn off the rear O2 sensors Cat efficiency codes on M5 E39. For those that are still having issues please contact him. :thumbsup:

Just to confirm, on E39 M5's that show a cat efficiency SES due to metallic cats, he can change the values in the software so that the code is not logged. :M5launch:

Wayne Besanko

[email protected]

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know! I was actually at BMW to have a purge valve replaced and didn't mention it to them. I am a you know what some times. :blink:

Fortunately, I have a good amount on my warranty left. I am at 34000 so was figuring to wait until I do inspection II, which should be coming up soon.

Greco said:
You should contact BMWNA and get your cluster replaced. Those missing pixels are a nono for a 2003....

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
2003 M5!!! said:
Just found out from Wayne that he can now turn off the rear O2 sensors Cat efficiency codes on M5 E39. For those that are still having issues please contact him. :thumbsup:

Just to confirm, on E39 M5's that show a cat efficiency SES due to metallic cats, he can change the values in the software so that the code is not logged. :M5launch:

Wayne Besanko

[email protected]
Hey 2003,

That's great news for you guys in the states.

In Australia, we don't even have the rear sensors. The Beast only comes with the front two. So obviously they are not important to the running of the Vehicle.

So I am yet to see this dreaded SES light that seems to plague the USA cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts