BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!I noticed a substantial power gain
since the colder weather moved in to Chicago.
Normally this effects turbo cars but I
was not aware that it would help our cars.
What type of fuel are you guys having the best performance with?
Also I read someones post about the vanos
noise causing power loss because the knock sensor is retarding timing.This makes sence to me .What do you think?Nasser

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Hi - Increased power with declining temperatures (and decrease in humidity) is a well-understood phenomenon - the air is "denser" - more oxygen in each intake stroke, so more fuel can be mixed with it.

There IS a fix now for the VANOS noise involving the installation of an oil circulation pump I think. Search this forum on the subject for the details.

/Greg

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Cold air is denser and therefore gives you more power regardless of the type of engine. Did you know that Nowack use this principle on the IN500 by installing a heat shield under the airbox (claimed improvement of 15-20 bhp by just doing this)! Has anyone tried this trick with the ol' aluminium foil? This is the reason why turbos have intercoolers - to cool the incoming air.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
hey ashok,
are you saying that by just putting a heat shield an M5 would increase your hp by 15-20? That would be great. Can anybody second this?

fas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts