1,972 Posts
Should be Pentosin chf 11s or 7 it should say on the cap of the resovoir

:byebye:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
cardriverm5 said:
91 M5....
whats the right fluid for the power steering some think ATF others think LHM as used in citroen systems...

Thanx guys.

Andy S
Hi!
It is Pentosin CHF 11s or Pentosin Chf 7 as said above. As for the LHM, I know I have mentioned it, but not as the CORRECT fluid, but as a emergency option that is compatible with the CHF 11s (it says so in my owners manual) so it is not harmful to use(with CHF 11s that is, I don`t know about the CHF 7)
The only correct options are the two pentosins mentioned before, depending on which car you have.

Sakke

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
DrSakke said:
Hi!
It is Pentosin CHF 11s or Pentosin Chf 7 as said above. As for the LHM, I know I have mentioned it, but not as the CORRECT fluid, but as a emergency option that is compatible with the CHF 11s (it says so in my owners manual) so it is not harmful to use(with CHF 11s that is, I don`t know about the CHF 7)
The only correct options are the two pentosins mentioned before, depending on which car you have.

Sakke
.... and you seem to have the 3.6, so there is self leveling suspension at the rear, but no EDC. For your car I think it is the Chf 7. CHECK your owner`s manual or ask an authorized BMW garage(it could be printed on the filler cap also)
Sakke

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx Guys it says chf 7 on the cap but my mech has put Atf in it !!!!!!
Had it removed straight away and have LHM in, till I get some chf 7 from BM
Thanx Again, Andy, S.
DrSakke said:
.... and you seem to have the 3.6, so there is self leveling suspension at the rear, but no EDC. For your car I think it is the Chf 7. CHECK your owner`s manual or ask an authorized BMW garage(it could be printed on the filler cap also)
Sakke

·
Registered
38 Posts
cardriverm5 said:
91 M5....
whats the right fluid for the power steering some think ATF others think LHM as used in citroen systems...

Thanx guys.

Andy S
LHM is a perfectly legitimate substitute for BMWs with SLS... you don't need to dump that in favor of Pentosin.

Regards
Eryk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts