BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting read to order my car (well, when I get the call at least), and I am struggling with the power sunshade option. I'm not real familiar with it, so any of you that have it that could give me some advice would be great. Currently on my M3, I don't usually carry passengers in the back seat, but I have a newborn on the way (next few weeks) and this will change things. My questions are:

1) Is this something I should order to keep the sun off of the babyseat?
2) My car will be black on black. Do those of you with the option put the sunshade up when the car is parked to minimize the heat, or is it really only for while the car is running?
3) Are the manual side shades too much hassle to be much use?
4) Do the shades look good with a black on black car? I read on some other board that they don't look real good against black on black.

Overall recommendations?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have both the side sunshades and the power rear shade and absolutely LOVE them. They are excellent in both appearance and function. I have a black on black E39 M5 and it never looks bad.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I agree. Have them on my RS6 and my Phaeton and my 8 and 6 year olds seem to enjoy them also. With a baby in a car seat, sun coming in from the rear windows can be a real problem, and can make for a long trip if it wakes up the little person.:blabla:

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I too agree 100%.
Do you know if you can get the sunshades with the Full leather? With my E39 you couldn't.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes you can have them with full leather. I am going for power rear and manual sides with climate comfort glass. I hate getting into a car that feels like the inside of an oven.

Barry said:
I too agree 100%.
Do you know if you can get the sunshades with the Full leather? With my E39 you couldn't.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I have both options on my car and it works great. Especially when parked you keep a lot of the sunlight out of the car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Very usefull and convenient option, especially for babies sitting in the back. It is possible to order with full leather. ;)

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I have ordered them as well (sides & rear). I do not have them on my E39 and it is one option that I miss.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I did ot need to order them, they come part of the standard packageAnyway, they are great to keep the sun out for the kids and also deflect sunlight

1 - 9 of 9 Posts