BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I press the button (both folded down), one mirror clicks and the other folds up. After that, every time I press the button, one folds down and the other folds up. No clicking, perfect functionality (travel to the correct spots, smoothly), except not in sync with each other.

Anyone experienced this before? Any tips for getting them on the same page?

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
Whenever I press the button (both folded down), one mirror clicks and the other folds up. After that, every time I press the button, one folds down and the other folds up. No clicking, perfect functionality (travel to the correct spots, smoothly), except not in sync with each other.

Anyone experienced this before? Any tips for getting them on the same page?

Thanks!
One trick that often works is a manual reset.

Take one mirror and fold it up or down to match the other. It feels like you are breaking it, but you are not. Just taking it past the stopping point. Then hit the button. Hopefully, that will synch them up.

Alternatively, you can reverse the polarity on one mirror, but that begs the question of why they got out of synch in the first place.

I know this has been discussed before, not sure of the best search query, but something like "mirror synch" should get you pointed in the right direction.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One trick that often works is a manual reset.

Take one mirror and fold it up or down to match the other. It feels like you are breaking it, but you are not. Just taking it past the stopping point. Then hit the button. Hopefully, that will synch them up.

Alternatively, you can reverse the polarity on one mirror, but that begs the question of why they got out of synch in the first place.

I know this has been discussed before, not sure of the best search query, but something like "mirror synch" should get you pointed in the right direction.

Regards,
Jerry
Tried the manual reset, no joy.

I have the panel off right now, so I'll just reverse it of that works. Someone has been in here before, and lots of things behind the door panels are not correct :p

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Strange. Makes you wonder why anyone would have messed with those wires in the first place. Glad you got it figured out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hoping to revive this thread to get a quick answer. I recently had my driver's side mirror replaced and have the same issue of the mirrors moving well, but insisting on being out of sync. Is it possible that they just attached two of the wires that go into the back of the glass backwards? I've taken it to the body shop as well as the dealership and they say it's going to be an involved fix...I wonder if it's quite simple actually.

·
1,928 Posts
Don't know about the US, but I've heard of trackers being fitted inside mirror pods as there's power there. Could that be why the wires were fiddled with?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts