BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some input on what color i should powder coat my rims. Its time to do it because they have started to peel and need a fresh paint job. I have a few options for colors in mind (white or gray). This is a silver titanium car. Any input will greatly help. I will also be using new emblems in carbon fiber...

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Because powder coating cannot replicate the OE shadowchrome finish you are stuck with a straight colour. On a silver car you'd be hard to beat a nice bright silver finish IMO. Yeah yeah it may sound boring but will outlive any passing fad regarding wheel colour, plus as its an OE wheel i don't think it would lend itself to something like white etc unless the car was already looking pretty far from stock in appearance, maybe track orientated.

That said its your car mate and you should do whatever you want to, not what i or others tell you. You want white, dayglo orange or tartan, who am i to argue. Whatever makes you happy. I'm never likely to see the car, you on the otherhand live with it daily.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I do think white would look sharp, on a white car. Plus they would not stay clean for long.

I would agree that a machined finish would look nice.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Ship them out to Prince Wheel Service in NC. Closest to shadow chrome you can get.

Mailing Address: 1398 Walkup Ave., Monroe, North Carolina 28110
Email: [email protected]
Toll-Free Phone: 877-7WHEELS (877-794-3357)
Local Phone: 704-289-3600
24-hour Fax: 704-289-3223

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Black washes out the definition of the spokes and makes the wheels look smaller...

Id go with a close-to-OEM finish, as best you can or if you want to be unique, if you can get the right shade of bronze/copper - it really pops against white. One of my favorites!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts