BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took my polished and brushed concave wheels off this weekend to repolish them this weekend and in the mist pf messing with the car my buddy got bored and sprayed the stock wheelss black. Wasn't too happy bout the idea and it wasn't a real powedercoat job but the stickies were shot so what the hell. Now when I putted them on and took a step back I thought it looked pretty bad *** with the yellow brembos behind them..

So now here's my thing.. Should I repolish the lips on my concave rims and keep them brushed n concave or go with a saying face and a black chrome lip....!!?? Can anyone Photoshop it? That'd help.

Let's see what you guys think..

ORRRR...

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Your concave wheels are nicer and the finish is nicer but the black powdercoated stock wheels suite your car better than those expensive wheels. If you want to keep the aftermarket wheels, I would suggest a gloss black lip and satin black center. GL

·
Registered
212 Posts
Your concave wheels are nicer and the finish is nicer but the black powdercoated stock wheels suite your car better than those expensive wheels. If you want to keep the aftermarket wheels, I would suggest a gloss black lip and satin black center. GL
Couldn't disagree more. If both pictures are your car, there's no comparison which looks better. The concave look that you currently have going on is absolutely beautiful. That's one of the nicest looks I've seen. Black on black is SO overdone.

Keep it classy. Those concave rims in the finish that you have are gorgeous.

Ben

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yes, the contrast in color on the wheels to the paint is stunning. You can never go wrong with a polish on a black car -- while rolling it will always look hard.

·
Registered
476 Posts
The machined/polished wheels look better IMHO.

Question: I recently got a white e60 M5 and I am looking to have the wheels powdercoated (not black), and to do so I need to put the car on jack stands...SO...where do I place the floor jack on the front of the car. I.E - Do I have to take off the plastic undercarriage/cover? The rear is no problem as I can get to the suspension without taking anything off. Is there anyway to do this without taking off the covers, or using a lift? Thanks...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Polished wheels

The polished wheels look much better. I've had flat black wheels on my cars but I have to tell you that on a black car it's just too much and I agree black is getting old UNLESS you do a combo of flat and gloss. It just looks cheap, rattle can like.

Check out Proformance Industries in New Rochelle. George is my brother in law and I'm not ashamed to recommend his work.

What about painting the wheel flat black and them machining just the face. You'd get a nice lip and thin aluminum spokes??

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm with you. The top pic is not pretty. The bottom pic is fantastic. If the concaves need a little tlc, I think you should just give them that rather than change them. I can't imagine a better look than what you've already got.

Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.