BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got the car for 3 weeks, and I am willing to do some cosmetic upgrade for the beast. visited a cascade wheel store in seattle and discussed some color for powder coating. I m looking for some dark color which between dark gray and black, and kinda like deeper version of gunmetal gray(R35 GTR RIMS) . Will the charcoal black match the color what I am aiming for ?

and one more thing, what is the difference between the option glossy and matte. Which one looks sharper and cleaner ? And I don't want my beast looks like a street racing car, so need all your advices and suggestion. It is hard to imagine what charcoal black rims looks like in my car because thin rims like mine are rarely in black. Anybody seen ACS TYPE IV wheels in black on a M6 ?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Here's what charcoal gray looks like.

Member "bugzy" HRE C21's custom powdercoated charcoal gray centers:

Between gloss and matte, it really comes down to preference. I personally prefer a darker matte type wheel on a dark car than a glossy wheel on a dark car. Gloss, obviously, has more gloss/shine to it, whereas matte has a clean kind of "dull" look to it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i ve searched on the web, found the pics of my wheels painted black, just wonder how will those match with my dark blue car color... will they be sharp looking ? Cause I rarely saw blue car with black rims... sure those will be excellent match with white and black beast...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
i ve searched on the web, found the pics of my wheels painted black, just wonder how will those match with my dark blue car color... will they be sharp looking ? Cause I rarely saw blue car with black rims... sure those will be excellent match with white and black beast...
Here's my car (Carbon Black) when it had matte black wheels:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts