BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My original hypersilver wheels are looking pretty crappy on my 2000 M5 - they have been discolored, apparently, by wheel cleaners, and are a lot more grey and black than they are the original hypersilver color. I can't find a polish that does much good

My question is: can they be powder coated? I was thinking about getting them done in black.

Steve

·
10,450 Posts
TurboCarrera said:
My original hypersilver wheels are looking pretty crappy on my 2000 M5 - they have been discolored, apparently, by wheel cleaners, and are a lot more grey and black than they are the original hypersilver color. I can't find a polish that does much good

My question is: can they be powder coated? I was thinking about getting them done in black.

Steve
Steve, yes you can, in fact I did this. My stock wheels were powerder coated gloss black, and i must say, they look pretty bad-***! (would look even better with some of those little carbon fiber decals on the roundel caps). I use them for the track, but everybody at the shop who did the coating and the shop that mounted my track tires thoght they looked very good. I haven't put them on the car, i'll try to put one side on this weekend and post some pics.
Mike

·
Registered
83 Posts
TurboCarrera said:
Mike: thanks for the info.

I would really love to see the pix of your car, as mine is Ti Ag in color as well.

Steve
I got mine priced at $65.00 a wheel but at the last minute dealer came through with a new set of rims under warranty. freebie.

There are many colors to choose from when powdercoating. JV

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just had my 01 Imola's wheels powdercoated Black Chrome. Also switched out the grills for all black. I think it gives the car a great, not just another BMW look. If interested, let me know and I will send some pics.

KCD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts