38 Posts
i paid for mine 200 $ .. :santasmile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
amazing , one thing missing change ur front grill to matte black
Yes just need to figure out how to get the grills out with out breaking them. I have tried instructions in some other threads, but it seems like the tabs are going to break.

You know a easy way to get them off ?

Dave

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
rittiman those look fantastic! Where did you get them done?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<table class="ts" style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="padding: 0px;" valign="top" width="100%">They are in Sacramento

Performance Powder Coating and Sandblasting, LLC<button class="vspib" style="background-image: url("http://www.google.com/images/nav_logo29.png"); border-width: 0px; cursor: pointer; display: inline; height: 13px; margin-left: 5px; margin-right: 3px; vertical-align: 0px; width: 13px; background-position: -35px -209px;"></button>

Place page

</td></tr></tbody></table>6326 Main Avenue
Suite 15, Orangevale, CA 95662-4334
(916) 987-1942

rittiman those look fantastic! Where did you get them done?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Looks great with silver gray :) I thought about blacking out my wheels but ended up power coating them satin gunmetal

·
Registered
472 Posts
Looks good - I paid a lot more than you but did have a lot of curbing and buckling as well - and I have a painted and laquered finish rather than powdered - prefer the gloss from my painting but not sure if I will have issues in terms of resilience.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Very nice. Been thinking of doing the same thing to my Indy Red (matte blk). Also curious if it voids either my EazyCare or BMW tire/rim coverage..? Anyone see flat blk on an indy red?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yes just need to figure out how to get the grills out with out breaking them. I have tried instructions in some other threads, but it seems like the tabs are going to break.

You know a easy way to get them off ?

Dave
Check the RPI website under the tech support and instructions and search for the RPI scoop install. They have some really good pics and instructions there that will show you how to get them off.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks great! On my to do list!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thank you for posting. Your car looks amazing. I've been wanting to do this on my m5, but had no idea where to go. How long does it take them to do all 4 rims? Do we have to worry that this powder might rub off eventually?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Looks great with silver gray :) I thought about blacking out my wheels but ended up power coating them satin gunmetal
Bluecougar,

Do you mind posting a pic of your wheels. I'm interested in powder black, but have not seen satin gunmetal. It will be interesting to see a space gray with both types of coatings.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts