BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up for you all. So here I am doing my research on which company to use to get my car tuned from. So many options, eg. Upsolute, Rpi, Ess, Powerchip, Singh etc. Price variations from $400-$800. I am trying to figure out, okay why the price differences? What are the gains etc... So I sent an email to almost all the companies that provide ecu remaps. However "Jags" from Singh Autosport flipped after what I had said in my email, here is my original email, and his reply. None of the emails have been edited what so ever.

Me
Hello,

I have a 04 bmw 645ci, exhaust, drop in filter/charcol delete that I want to get tuned. I can ship you my ecu. Is there any reason you charge more money than other tuning companies out there? Eg. Upsolute charges only $400 shipped. What kind of gains can I expect?

Thanks<!--QuoteEnd-->

His reply (Jags)
hi Tony,

Every tuner tunes cars differently. The gain on the 645i is between 22-24hp.

Upsolute? That's like comparing Coach to Louis Vuitton.

Most of our customers are 'open cheque customers'. Athlete's, actors, tv presenters, hotel owners in Las Vegas, important figures in Mexico/Columbia, rappers, singers, owners of record labels, the biggest Internet providers, numerous vehicle dealerships, etc, etc and your asking me about a company who's main clientele is the 1.8T Golf driver?

If the additional $249 is a concern Singh Autosport isn't the company for you.

I apologise if this reply seems rude.

Thanks,

Jags<!--QuoteEnd-->

Whats the point of apologizing once you act like an ***. Is this how Singh represents their company? Wow...

Companies like, RPI, Trinity sure in hell don't behave in this unprofessional manor, doesn't matter if your a quote "actor, or rapper", services should be provided in a professional manor period.

Thoughts? Or am I wrong here? I mean it's not like $250 is a large amount we are taking about but it was curiousity that if they charge more there must be a reason. (You get what you pay for) As a buyer of course I want the best bang for the buck but at the same time if it makes sense to spend a little bit more $ I would. Blowing up like that uncalled for. <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1065534--><!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1065528-->

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I guess he covered nearly all the bases of wealthy customers, but I'd like to know who the "important figures in Mexico/Columbia" are.

·
Registered
24 Posts
LOL, This remindes me of a detailer I once asked to polish one of my cars. A Black SS for my daughter. "Oh, I'm sorry, I only work on High End cars like Porsche's, that's why I charge so much." I then opened my garage door and watched his jaw drop at which point I told him he could leave now. He called me back at least three times wanting my business. Sorry, I don't have time or patience for attitude. :rolleyes:

If you go to the Singh Autosport Blog site, I notice their motto is

"There are leaders and there are followers! Life is really quite simple, isn't it?"
It sounds pretty simple to me. C-Ya....:M5launch:

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
LOL, funny how "rappers", "actors", etc go to them, but us "normal" people go to RPI/G-power, Dinan, etc for real performance. I hate dick attitudes like that, and especially the "If the additional $249 is a concern Singh Autosport isn't the company for you." Obviously we all do pretty well to own the cars we do. A simple question about how the $249 differs in performance is not a difficult question to answer. Apparently he has no answer for you and it isn't worth it. If I were you just go to RPI or Dinan. Screw them....they lost any business of mine too

·
Registered
877 Posts
Just the male ego in full effect...

God help us all if we conducted business that way? Sorry sir, I only except orders over $1 million. Contact so and so, they specialize in small fries like you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts