BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had tested the waters before, and I'm going to give it another shot. I'm probably going to be getting some HIDs for the car shortly and have contacted Umnitza about the kits they offer. Prices are about $300 for the kit and if 10 people purchase at once, they'll knock off an additional $25 each.

If you're interested in trying to do a group buy, please respond here and we'll have a running tally of names.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I'll be looking for an angel eyes/HID conversion soon so I may be interested. Have you got a link to the product?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I was not looking at angel eyes, but I was looking at going through Umnitza. The prices are as advertised, unless we have about 10 guys on board. So far, it doesn't look like that will happen. Another thing that concerns me is that these are not, from what I understand, "namebrand" units, which I want - i.e. Hella, Phillips. I'm still looking for places to get these things, but it just doesn't seem like there is enough interest in doing a group buy. I've talked with a couple of different places, and each want 10 purchases at one time for only a discount of about $15-$25 - that's like full price, but no shipping charges. Also, it seems that the Hella' and Phillips units are hard to come by...everyone has a different brand that they got from some unknown place, and I know I don't want that.

I'm still looking, but I'll let you all know if anything turns up. Right now, it looks bleak in finding a decent discount with anything less than 10 persons.

For non-Hella' or non-Phillips products, the best I see right now is:

http://www.groupbuycenter.com/Product.aspx?id=79917

But they're the H4 kits and not the 9006 kits that our headlights would use (or H1, if you've got the Euro lights). I'd write them to see if they can do the same deal on 9006.

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts