·
Registered
301 Posts
Price is way too high. With that mileage, I would offer no more than $32,000

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^note taken! Has the pilot sports on there with ~60% on the front and ~25% in the rear. How much should I ask off those? I plan on putting DWS's on her

·
Registered
631 Posts
If it's really up to date on all service that's worth a little bit. Find out about brakes, clutch and other wear items. I paid $33k for my 2008 M5 with 70k miles last November, so I think if this one is really pristine $34k is a reasonable price, though $32k is probably more in line.

·
Registered
74 Posts
These threads are always so debated! Each individual car that's for sale should go through a laundry list of research before you decide whether the price works for you or not.

Outside of the year and mileage, you should always consider what maintenance is needed right away. Also consider if the car has service history records and a clean title of course. Warranty is also huge and played a key factor in why I paid what I did for mine.

Without knowing all of those things, you really can't tell if $36K is too high, or $32K is just right. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the insightful replies!

He had sent the car fax and it looks clean. I did request the service records and am still waiting on those. The car inside and out is pristine. However, I'd like to know what's going on with other aspects i.e. engine, suspension, fluids, transmission, etc.

·
Registered
793 Posts
If it's a clean car that is well sorted and in great shape, I would not debate over a couple thousand either way. Especially if it's the color combo you want.

Personally I'm pissed that these cars are dropping in price so quickly!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
These threads are always so debated! Each individual car that's for sale should go through a laundry list of research before you decide whether the price works for you or not.

Outside of the year and mileage, you should always consider what maintenance is needed right away. Also consider if the car has service history records and a clean title of course. Warranty is also huge and played a key factor in why I paid what I did for mine.

Without knowing all of those things, you really can't tell if $36K is too high, or $32K is just right. Just my two cents.
Exactly.

·
Registered
729 Posts

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
I would try and get them to throw a new set of rear tires, that's what I did when I got mine. I think 33k is fair.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Way high for what it is -

I sold my loaded 2008 in May 2013 for $38k - it had 25k miles....I had it listed, on Autotrader for a couple of months.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Yea with 100k miles or more! All bits of maintenance matter when price is involved. Tires are going to cost around 2k. Factor that in as well.

Point taken, However I am biased towards the most recent model year available regardless of mileage vs. the same price point of an older model year with low mileage.

It has served me very well in the past since it guarantees that 95% of the accrued mileage is highway and longer trips (much better on the oil when 15K change intervals are involved).

However I am not sure how my experience will translate to the M5 since there is a mileage component involved in bearing wear, it would be nice if we had a data base that correlated trip length to how many miles the bearings lasted.

We have one data point where a member in Chicago went a 160K prior to bearing change (or Engine, I do not recall, Troy knows the car involved). That member had a commute to work around 90-miles if I recall.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah. I spoke with him earlier today regarding factoring a price drop with respect to the tires and me most likely having to buy a set before the Fall/winter season rolls in here in the PNW. Honestly, the TWO things it DOESN'T have that I wish it did, was the comfort access and HUD. However, those are NOT deal breakers for me. Again, thanks for all your insightful comments and advices

1 - 14 of 14 Posts