BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
8781 - 8795 of 8795 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Changed up my phone mount in the e60 with a Quad Lock, to match my e28. Always used RAM mounts or mag mounts, swapping the magnets for stronger ones…but after my buddy had his phone fly out the window at Laguna Seca, I thought I’d need a more secure mount.

Hardest part about the 6 speed — sometimes your hand would hit your phone, shifting into 5-6.
View attachment 956571
View attachment 956570
RAM mounts are great. We use them on all our rigs at work.

2010 E60 M5 • Space Grey

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,858 Posts
RAM mounts are great. We use them on all our rigs at work.

2010 E60 M5 • Space Grey
Yes they are. I use them in the LandCruiser for my GPS and p0rn. 😜

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Here's an update, I got the M3. $16,500 was the final price. What a monster! I don't really think it was built for the track just to look like it is. The LS and tremac are probably worth what I paid for the car. A super clean swap with a receipt for ever clip.

Unfortunately on the way home it broke. The rear diff case broke and it sheared the bolts for the left driveline.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Vehicle brake Bumper

It had nothing to do with my three gear smoke shows! I will have to find an active forum for E36 track cars which should not be hard. I need a seat first because I can only get on butt cheek in the current seat. Everything else will need to be done over for real track service but the hard part is done and should be a tone of fun.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate
Junk in the trunk! Another run up HWY 1 through the Central Coast and Big Sur for Thanksgiving with the Family. 120+ miles of twisties along the Pacific Ocean!

Cracks me up, when people think these cars are unreliable. Reliability is as easy as a good look in the mirror.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Some of the best tracks are double-tracks...
Water Sky Natural landscape Coastal and oceanic landforms Cloud

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
This should be good for some laughs. I have tried everything that I know to try and get the lugs off, including a torch.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light Automotive design Automotive lighting

I would never even think to check that the lugs come off as a part of an inspection. In my 40 years of wrenching I have never seen this. That includes my brother and good friend who owns a shop. I'm going to have to pull the hub and try to cut them from the back. When I try and cut them from the front the wheel dissipates the heat too fast to cut.

And in snooping around the rest of the cassis I found this,
Drilling Coil Gas Automotive tire Auto part

Not really getting any traction over on Bimmerfourms. I have heard from the builder and hope to get some more insight?

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Found some Konis and GC? Nice.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts

·
Registered