BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
8561 - 8580 of 8638 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Well after a hard fight replacing the fuel filter and with the seat already out I decided to do some leather cleaning and conditioning. The SMG car is extended Merino leather so basically everything is covered in leather. I try to clean and condition twice a year to keep it from drying out. It is a PITA, my E38 750 is the same way.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Second fuel filter done and of course the leather. I must say the Merino leather feels way different from stock. The clean part is on the left,

And treated, it really sucks up the oils when it is all dried out.

If I knew how to take, edit and post video's I could make a living at this? :LOL:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
8k redline awaits. Let's go!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,785 Posts

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Interlagos Blue...the fastest color!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Finally removed the tint from E39. Looks SOO much cleaner!

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Added a decoder plaque:
Brown Outerwear Jersey Sleeve Grey
Gear shift Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
HA HA ^^^ Now they can steal your car though!! I too have a delrin shift knob (Little Nicky) and cannot say enough how much I love that knob. As soon as I got my car in 2017, I swapped the OE shift knob for a ZHP one, and drove like that for a year or 2. Always felt like it was a tad low, and a bit too short for the M5, must feel more manly rowing gears in such a beast car, HA! So I got the delrin one and man the smoothness and consistent temps in your hand is just like butter. The closeness to the steering wheel makes all shifts so much better and more enjoyable. The only minor drawback is that you can hear the shifting in the drivetrain a little more since there is less vibration damping, but this is only while shifting into some gears, for the most part it's just amazing. DO RECOMMEND!

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Was up in the bay area last weekend visiting family, took a drive to an old spot called Alice's restaurant up woodside road. The drive up this road is always amazing through the twisties 😂
Love it.

About to head up HWY 1 to see family in Monterey. Taking the long and twisty route via SLO, Morrow, and Big Sur.

Need to hook up when we get back.

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
Was up in the bay area last weekend visiting family, took a drive to an old spot called Alice's restaurant up woodside road. The drive up this road is always amazing through the twisties 😂
It's funny that I've organized quite a few drives through that area and have never once stopped at Alice's.

8561 - 8580 of 8638 Posts