BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

8401 - 8420 of 8448 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts

Finally got some new tires to replace my PS3s with something a bit more grippy. Went with Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3 tires and they definitely look a bit more aggressive than the all seasons they replaced...please excuse my ugly dirty wheels.

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,594 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks! I'm excited to have a real tire on it. These seemed like the best compromise in terms of price, versatility, and performance. Surprisingly not many options for the stock wheel sizes for lower treadwear tires. It was between this and the Pilot Cup 2 (way more expensive) and the Pirelli PZero Corsa. Would have probably gone with Toyo r888r Proxes but I couldn't find them in the right size. Seeing as I don't track my car I think the difference between all the <300 treadwear tires wont be very noticeable for me. As long as I can catch some traction in 1st and 2nd gear now i'll be happy.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Yes, I am in SoCal. I just typed in ”amber tail light tint” in search and there are many to choose from.
Wow.. I can even tell by the concrete fence that you have with that nice blue sky above.. not to mention the palm trees.. smh

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Wow.. I can even tell by the concrete fence that you have with that nice blue sky above.. not to mention the palm trees.. smh
Someone sounds homesick... :p

Here's some IN-N-OUT from yesterday to make you feel worse!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts

Batmobile Jr.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Oh man I'd at least have them pull the side and window trim. The clear will flake for sure.
If done right with proper paints, then it shouldn't flake. That looks like taping to polish up the clear after painting anyway, though I might be wrong.

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Getting ready for the "Fastest road in the West" at the end of the month. @Bleedsblue there's an AZZ in there for you!

Had a 35 year old detent spring in the dogleg 265/5 transmission fail. So far so good!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Mirror Dash cam installed. I tried the clip on ones but it looked exactly like that, like a clip on.

My motto for all my mods is to make it feel and look OEM as much as possible.

So I purchased this from Brandmotion:

Had to the modify and reuse the stock mirror leg/bracket cuz of the angle in the 6-series is very slopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2008 E60 M5 Dinan S2+
437 Posts
Congrats on the X5M! I have one also with Dinan intake and Dinan exhaust but with BM3 tune.

Regarding the approx 700hp, I'm not sure about that as Dinan made the assumption that all these cars were understated from the factory and that the true crank hp was over 600hp which is why they market their tune and intake to provide ~700hp at the crank. Certainly would be nice if that was true. I need to get my car dynoed before and after my BM3 tune to see what the true numbers are.

Are you going to add downpipes?
I am currently shopping downpipes!!!! But before that...going to get a baseline dyno as well to show a before and after with tune and then with dps!

8401 - 8420 of 8448 Posts