BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

8321 - 8340 of 8369 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Definitely change the seal.
You might want to strip the interior out too, I took my interior out and it took me like 2-3 weeks to get mine to dry all out when I had that happen. The carpet and seats stubbornly hold an amazing amount of water. Carpet especially, oh my god.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Some local guy makes BMW keys. He has the programmer and cuts as well.

The F key can one be programmed for E chassis if you have Comfort Access option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
457 Posts
Some local guy makes BMW keys. He has the programmer and cuts as well.

The F key can one be programmed for E chassis if you have Comfort Access option.

How would this work in the event there is a CA failure? Will you still be able to insert the F key into the slot in the steering column to start? The fob looks awesome

·
Registered
382 Posts
The F key doesn’t fit in the slot.

He says the engine will always start even if the key fob goes out of sync with the CAS module. As the transponder chip will always be connected.

Just the remote unlock/lock won’t work.

He was willing to give me a spare chipboard that I can insert in the event it happens which is rare but he’s local enough I can just go back to him.

I still have my regular CA key.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The F key doesn’t fit in the slot.

He says the engine will always start even if the key fob goes out of sync with the CAS module. As the transponder chip will always be connected.

Just the remote unlock/lock won’t work.

He was willing to give me a spare chipboard that I can insert in the event it happens which is rare but he’s local enough I can just go back to him.

I still have my regular CA key.

Does he laser cut the key too (assuming the F remote has a key at the bottom)?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Does the key not sit in that cubby on all models?
If you’re talking about the slot on the steering column, with comfort access you can start the engine as long as the key is somewhere in the cabin. Mine never leaves my pocket.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Decision made today.. didnt want my E60 to get wet.. Oh yeah, I also like riding in the rain 😆

View attachment 949249
better you than me mate. I got caught in a torrential downpour once (when there was supposed to be 10% change).....well I got ALL that 10%. I was soggy *** from neck to toes. Took my shoes off and dumped water out. Never again

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Yup he cuts. The F key blade is a bit narrower but he makes it work.

Nice....he's from NJ...not too far from me. So we just ask for the e60 M5 to G-series ///M fob?

I have 2 fobs so I can donate one for this and keep 1 stock

edit: since I'm not super local....I'd have to mail my CAS module...I'm not sure where that is or how much of an issue it is to remove that....might be passing on this mod

·
Registered
382 Posts
Nice....he's from NJ...not too far from me. So we just ask for the e60 M5 to G-series ///M fob?

I have 2 fobs so I can donate one for this and keep 1 stock
Message him on FB, pretty quick to respond.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Message him on FB, pretty quick to respond.

edit: Pinged him on FB and chatted. Since I'm not super local....I'd have to mail my CAS module...I'm not sure where that is or how much of an issue it is to remove that....might be passing on this mod

·
Registered
382 Posts
CAS is located under the driver’s side footwell.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
better you than me mate. I got caught in a torrential downpour once (when there was supposed to be 10% change).....well I got ALL that 10%. I was soggy *** from neck to toes. Took my shoes off and dumped water out. Never again
Meh, with the right gear you'll be aight 😆

8321 - 8340 of 8369 Posts