BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

8301 - 8320 of 8369 Posts

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,546 Posts

Went to swap m5s to run CalSpeedway this weekend, but the e28 had some other plans. My AAF shifter in the e28 is not playing well with my 1980's dogleg transmission. Looks like I'll swap the AAF from my e28 for my CAE in my e30.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I have done mulch in my wife's G30 5er. Pretty capable mulch-hauler. :)

Reactions: specialized2010

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Another weekend at the track running e30s.

Then I broke the chitter :poop::poop::ROFLMAO::LOL:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Was it a shop in Houston that installed it? Loving it??
Thanks! ABR Houston in Spring. I live on the south side near UH so it's a pretty long ways from me but they are really on top of things and I trust them way more than any other shop I've gone to so it's worth the trip (and slightly higher rate than most shops). They had some issues with a couple missing/incorrect pieces that came with the kit and they sorted it all out themselves and are really good about communicating and getting things done right.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Always fun taking the convertible out for a Sunday drive in Southern California!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks! ABR Houston in Spring. I live on the south side near UH so it's a pretty long ways from me but they are really on top of things and I trust them way more than any other shop I've gone to so it's worth the trip (and slightly higher rate than most shops). They had some issues with a couple missing/incorrect pieces that came with the kit and they sorted it all out themselves and are really good about communicating and getting things done right.
Hope to see your car at the Memorial Mall cars/coffee whenever those start back up!

·
Registered
783 Posts
getting her wet, so can figure out how she leaks inside :(
Where is it getting wet? You might know this but check the sunroof drains in the rear wheel wells. (have to remove plastic lining) Common issue where they clog up and water gets into the car.

Reactions: sunilshivaram

·
Registered
176 Posts
Where is it getting wet? You might know this but check the sunroof drains in the rear wheel wells. (have to remove plastic lining) Common issue where they clog up and water gets into the car.
Passenger side rear footwell gets soaking wet.

I checked the passenger rear door (took out panel and the seal), and it was clean, had no water.

I took out the rear seat completely, and Passenger side rear seat cushion on the underneath has yellow colored stains, but was bone dry.

Car has been sitting in garage for months, and everything is dry.

I will check the sunroof drains.

How does water leak into the sunroof when its closed ?

·
2,847 Posts
Sunroof seal is not hermetic. Plus if you're on the original seal then it's garbage. There's a TSB about it with a new PN available. Do a search it's been discussed before.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Passenger side rear footwell gets soaking wet.

I checked the passenger rear door (took out panel and the seal), and it was clean, had no water.

I took out the rear seat completely, and Passenger side rear seat cushion on the underneath has yellow colored stains, but was bone dry.
I had this issue for a bit when my car was parked at a angle, nose up.

The sunroof drains ended up being the culprit overflowing around the A pillar with the water traveling down the car and pooling in the passenger footwell.

By trimming the ends of the sun roof drains and running really hot water and compressed air to clear them out it fixed my issue.

I honestly don't even remember if I replaced my seal up there... I probably did, need to go through my big book of receipts but those numbers are scary to count.

Reactions: sunilshivaram
8301 - 8320 of 8369 Posts