BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

7881 - 7900 of 7904 Posts

Registered
^Did you weigh them? I think you save about 10# per corner.
Im running short on time.. wife is working and daughter is about to wake up 不不不

Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4

Registered

Registered
Those control arm.boots are gone. Bet there's plenty of play in there. Those are sole sourced to bmw so they are not cheap.
Meh no play so far so you lose your bet 不不.. Looks like it just happened recently. Probably from the abuse from my recent adventures with it. With the money I'll save with this diy its a small price to pay for the fun Ive had. All of them are bad actually. Should be a good winter project.

Registered
Funny, wife asked this morning what I was doing as well. I told her Im saving us 1k for labor by doing the brakes myself.. they needed "replacement".. 不不不

She was actually more upset with the big Stoptech boxes in the livingroom.. they were there for months. I told her they needed to be stored in a temp controlled room ..

Reactions: Fiftytwoeighty

Registered

Registered
Damn you cut the whole thing off?

I just trimmed along the edges:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I cut mine off too about 8 years ago.

Registered
Damn you cut the whole thing off?

I just trimmed along the edges:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah, what's it for anyway 不不.. its called weight reduction

Registered

Really need to refinish my wheels. Ive refinished a couple sets of my track wheels, but keep forgetting to refinish my Dinans. The powder coat flaking is starting to bug me.

Registered
Would be interested in the bar results...
Didn't want to forget to get back to this. So my last day a Pacific was dry, I had a square setup of 255 tires. Stock rear sway bar and suspension.

The car would normally understeer a bit but with the new bar I would say it is neutral and with a bit of gas to get oversteer. Much easier to drive with a powerful car.

Didn't want to forget to get back to this. So my last day a Pacific was dry, I had a square setup of 255 tires. Stock rear sway bar and suspension.

The car would normally oversteer a bit but with the new bar I would say it is neutral and with a bit of gas to get oversteer. Much easier to drive with a powerful car.
That all comes from the square setup. Just changing to a thicker front swaybar reduces front traction (i.e. increases understeer).

Edit: sorry I read that backwards. Ignore above comment. In my car stock suspension and square setup still showed understeer - weird.

7881 - 7900 of 7904 Posts