BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

7861 - 7880 of 7904 Posts

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,318 Posts

Installed F10 M5 shift knob and boot. Had it on my E90 and couldn’t go without installing it on the m5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm about to do this too, F10 M5 shift knob seems to be a good height vs stock
I did it 8 years ago and have been very happy:

·
Registered
268 Posts

View attachment 944248
Alcantara boot looks awesome too Woody!

·
Registered
109 Posts
@GcD - is that your silver E60 in the back? Is that a custom hood or did you add the louvers to the OEM hood?
Yes it’s mine. Hood is a VIS carbon fiber hood.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Reactions: 5MOKED

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
No other cars around... best place to park. Also makes for a decent picture opportunity :ROFLMAO: I really gotta fix my reflector... or buy paint matched ones:unsure:
View attachment 944298
Interlagos Blue...well documented as the fastest color! 🤣😜

·
Registered
12 Posts

View attachment 944248
That glowing shift knob looks amazing (y)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Cheap Lenovo W520 workstation laptop - check
Fresh bios update and clean Win 7 64 bit SP1 install - check
Install laptop specific drivers for hardware (quadro card, wireless and bluetooth etc) - check
Install Firefox for expected limited web use - check
Download BG BMW Tools and Ista packages - double check

Spend 6+ hours installing, reinstalling, deleting and installing one by one, single offline install exe and all in one cumulative installers for C++ and .Net Framework to troubleshoot one 1033 MissingMethodException....

Priceless - noticing if I rerun the .Net 4.5.2 installer it keeps indicating it would like to run a repair. So uninstalled .Net 4.5.2 and got success with a clean .Net 4.6 full offline install.

Boom! WooHoo!!!!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Install laptop specific drivers for hardware (quadro card, wireless and bluetooth etc) - check

Spend 6+ hours installing, reinstalling, deleting and installing one by one, single offline install exe and all in one cumulative installers for C++ and .Net Framework to troubleshoot one 1033 MissingMethodException....

Priceless - noticing if I rerun the .Net 4.5.2 installer it keeps indicating it would like to run a repair. So uninstalled .Net 4.5.2 and got success with a clean .Net 4.6 full offline install.

Boom! WooHoo!!!!

View attachment 944320

Mannnnn.. wish you were close by

·
Registered
2,498 Posts

Boom! WooHoo!!!!

View attachment 944320

Lol I’m an IT guy and you lost me with all the needless bs haha all you gotta do is download it all for free using Mikes Easy BMW tools and you get everything IN English. Then just configure it to talk to your dongle and boom your mad scientist-Ing that bish.

I’m doing this On A virtual machine using parallels running Win10 on an iMac.

Saved a ton of money when I did my DSC/ABS module replacement myself and used the software

·
Registered
288 Posts
Lol I’m an IT guy and you lost me with all the needless bs haha all you gotta do is download it all for free using Mikes Easy BMW tools and you get everything IN English. Then just configure it to talk to your dongle and boom your mad scientist-Ing that bish.

I’m doing this On A virtual machine using parallels running Win10 on an iMac.

Saved a ton of money when I did my DSC/ABS module replacement myself and used the software
Completely off the reservation ....

I am not an IT guy so not working in native environment with this stuff. LOL

·
Registered
770 Posts
Finally getting to this.. been sooo lazy and busy at the same time. Got quoted 1k for an install but I'd like to pocket that cuz thats a lot of money for me.. and this is fun time anyway because its an UPGRADE 😆

Lookin good already..

20201017_090313.jpg

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
^Did you weigh them? I think you save about 10# per corner.

7861 - 7880 of 7904 Posts