BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

7681 - 7700 of 7734 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yea please, would love to see a comparison.

2010 E60 M5 • Space Grey
I must be missing something, I just can't get excited about the prospect of spending several hundred dollars on a cooler? Mine is OEM and I assume at some point it will leak and have to be replaced but short of that even on the track it does the job. Let me have it!

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I must be missing something, I just can't get excited about the prospect of spending several hundred dollars on a cooler? Mine is OEM and I assume at some point it will leak and have to be replaced but short of that even on the track it does the job. Let me have it!
The OEM cooler was really prone to leaking in the early days. I clipped a chuck of tire on the freeway, no damage to the bumper, but caused my OEM cooler to fail at the same spot as everyone else. The hit was no different from clipping a cone at the track. I did run my OEM and RPi cooler a several times at hotter-than-balls-CalSpeedway; the RPi seemed to cool down quicker.

My guess, BMW produced a batch of weak coolers. Through attrition, all the failed coolers have already failed, leaving only good coolers.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hit the road a little bit before sunrise to test out some new hiking trails this morning, and break in the PSS10s.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Finally put the black chrome m5 badge on, and plasti dipped the dinan badge black but I noticed afterwards that the placements for the badges were not matched. I looked at older pictures and that is what my old badges were like since I lined them up with the old badges 🤦‍♂️ oh well until I get the dinan badge repainted black chrome or just take it off it will stay like that
IMG-0717.jpg

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Had all the toys at the track today. The 996tt scares the poop out of me. 700hp

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was hoping to find the mileage he was at when he bought it vs how much are on it now. I'm curios if its in the high hundreds now or if he still has low miles.
Well it had 162k 2 years ago so I’m gonna say it does not still have low mileage.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I was hoping to find the mileage he was at when he bought it vs how much are on it now. I'm curios if its in the high hundreds now or if he still has low miles.
The most amazing about this IMO is that dude drove it for 2 year without AC. That's more amazing than the fact that it is evidently still on the original rod bearings. He is on a budget, but that's how these things end up they way they do.

·
Registered
442 Posts
The most amazing about this IMO is that dude drove it for 2 year without AC. That's more amazing than the fact that it is evidently still on the original rod bearings. He is on a budget, but that's how these things end up they way they do.
I think I drove 1.5 years without turning on my AC 😂 since I like to hear the sound of our engines at the higher RPM's. I live near the beach so most of the time my windows are down.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I think I drove 1.5 years without turning on my AC 😂 since I like to hear the sound of our engines at the higher RPM's. I live near the beach so most of the time my windows are down.
Yeah, we get that ocean air conditioning breeze. Heck, don't even have AC in the house. 😂

Reactions: e39_415

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
From the other morning before the track.

Reactions: feisaldz
7681 - 7700 of 7734 Posts