BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

7581 - 7600 of 7653 Posts

·
Registered
2006 e60 m5
10 Posts
Got this at a good price over half the cost of the original price from someone’s new/ old stock. And yes, the look I was going for. Trying to be a little more different than what’s the normal spoilers and splitters out there. Just my preference. And I have the Vorsteiner style front splitters that resembled CSL. Gatebil Taxi M5’s run them as well.

2010 E60 M5 • Space Grey
I wish they still made Vorsteiner hoods !

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
I can't recall who on this board had one and said the fitment wasn't great. I myself wanted one for the longest until I saw that comment.
I had one on my e39 m5 and fitment was so/so -- no cut outs for wiper fluids "because racecar". Turned me off for the e60. Fitment may have improved over the last 10 years, as they are trying to up their game.

With that said, i don't think the weight savings was significant for the e60.

My opinion, for the money spent and lbs saved, money towards a BBK is better value.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I had one on my e39 m5 and fitment was so/so -- no cut outs for wiper fluids "because racecar". Turned me off for the e60. Fitment may have improved over the last 10 years, as they are trying to up their game.

With that said, i don't think the weight savings was significant for the e60.

My opinion, for the money spent and lbs saved, money towards a BBK is better value.
BBK + lighter wheels (y)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Go the car all washed and waxed up this weekend and threw my new Federal RSRRs on to wear the shine off of them before this weekened's autocross. Still cleans up awfully well for 99k miles, minus the nose.

Also received some nice shiny bits in the mail today! It's good to have friends with sponsorships :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Got this at a good price over half the cost of the original price from someone’s new/ old stock. And yes, the look I was going for. Trying to be a little more different than what’s the normal spoilers and splitters out there. Just my preference. And I have the Vorsteiner style front splitters that resembled CSL. Gatebil Taxi M5’s run them as well.

2010 E60 M5 • Space Grey
I have been looking for the front splitters for a year now but noone has them. Does this person you know have another set? I found some knock offs on ebay and im almost ready to pull the trigger if I cant find any. I am also in search of the hood, its so nice and subtle. I ordered a Wald International trunk lip but it wont be here for a while 3-4 months due to covid situations though, and of course because i cant find a vorsteiner one anymore.

Reactions: Fiftytwoeighty

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have been looking for the front splitters for a year now but noone has them. Does this person you know have another set? I found some knock offs on ebay and im almost ready to pull the trigger if I cant find any. I am also in search of the hood, its so nice and subtle. I ordered a Wald International trunk lip but it wont be here for a while 3-4 months due to covid situations though, and of course because i cant find a vorsteiner one anymore.
DM’d

2010 E60 M5 • Space Grey

·
Registered
613 Posts

2010 E60 M5 • Space Grey
Do they have anymore left??

Reactions: 5MOKED

·
Registered
613 Posts
While waiting for my RPI cooler, I have been building this bad boy..

20200620_004849.jpg

20200620_003739.jpg

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Need to re-do my wheels one of these days.

·
Registered
6,137 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Small future mods to be installed with the belts that are off getting redone with Berger webbing in red at seat belt planet

Leaning towards the grey as the red will be difficult to pull off unless its a really solid match to the lapbelts

·
Registered
613 Posts

2010 E60 M5 • Space Grey
Wow, bought these from Schmiedmann just days ago and its already here today! Got shipped from Denmark. Thanks again for the info 5MOKED!!!

Reactions: 5MOKED

·
Registered
294 Posts
Fat car is fat and slow.

7581 - 7600 of 7653 Posts