BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

7441 - 7460 of 7504 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Thanks woody. Good comparison. I like the p4s style of the sidewalls better. Never really was a fan of the Super Sports side wall

And per popular request to post a pic of my wheels ;) This is the best I have to show the color against the space grey. It’s a perfect match. BBS FTW

View attachment 938660
I like the color 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
586 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Some crazy headlights Gabriel. Details?
They're ebay headlights, it looks like the link I had to the listing doesn't work anymore. Definitely not as good functionally as the stock headlights and I get an annoying adaptive headlight failure message when I turn the car on but they look better than my crusty/broken old lights and they were cheap. I made a thread about it at the time and there was a lot of good suggestions about places that retrofit/customize your stock headlights and a few places you can get them complete: Question About pre-LCI Aftermarket Headlights

I still have my old stock headlights and may get them retrofitted at some point but its fallen to the bottom of the list now that I have these on there.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Imma get a video of the actual tuning today. Will be getting the Frank Smith tune. Took out the FAMS tune lastnight. Still debating on getting an Alpha N tune. Going with an AIT kit as well. But here is my m5 anyway in motion picture 😁

·
Registered
586 Posts
Took out the FAMS tune and got a 93 octane custom tune by Frank Smith Tuning.. Stock pull had 437.3whp. Now it got 485.7whp with 394.6ft lbs. Dont really care bout the numbers, its how the tuner Frank smoothened out and put the numbers where it mattered across the band. I'm lovin it 😁..

Screenshot_20200514-080424_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Took out the FAMS tune and got a 93 octane custom tune by Frank Smith Tuning.. Stock pull had 437.3whp. Now it got 485.7whp with 394.6ft lbs. Dont really care bout the numbers, its how the tuner Frank smoothened out and put the numbers where it mattered across the band. I'm lovin it 😁..
50 HP increase is nothing to scoff at! When you say "stock tune" you don't mean FAMS right? Just want to make sure. Did you happen to do a pull with the FAMS tune? I forget if you mentioned those numbers. Curious if this tune did better than FAMS.

He tuned it for E85 right? Does he also do standard for us normal folk? hah

·
Registered
586 Posts
50 HP increase is nothing to scoff at! When you say "stock tune" you don't mean FAMS right? Just want to make sure. Did you happen to do a pull with the FAMS tune? I forget if you mentioned those numbers. Curious if this tune did better than FAMS.

He tuned it for E85 right? Does he also do standard for us normal folk? hah
Hey Justin, I was tired and numb and so was frank tuning this difficult 800hp turbo E46 M3 before my M5 - not really sure what he got in the end cuz the rear was spinning a LOT. But it woke my butt up on the way home 🤣.. So FAMS locks his tune down with the VIN. Frank could not mess with it. So I had to detune it back to stock so that Frank can play with it from scratch. In the end it was a 12whp increase over FAMS on 93 octane. Total of 8 pulls or more, I cant remember - tired from work as well. He did it in stages, worked the low, mid, and topend with 2 - 3 pulls each. Well worth the money and time. $690 with just the tune, $890 with a hand held so I can switch between factory, tuned 93 octane, E85 105 octane tunes. So my E60 is certainly not the fastest out there and I'm not gonna try race everybody 🤣🤣, but I am trully enjoying this machine to its full potential right now and thats the only thing that matters to me. Hopefully the wife doesnt mind I come back this saturday for my E85 tune. Im filling it up today 🤣

20200513_162124.jpg

20200513_163329.jpg

20200513_221055.jpg

·
Registered
586 Posts
20200514_154407.jpg

Screenshot_20200514-160838_PROFLEX Connect.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like a nice suspension setup/stance. What are you running?
Stock EDC struts and shocks with Dinan lowering springs. 12.5mm spacers front and rear with factory wheels. Bought the vehicle this way. Will upgrade to the Bilstein B16 in the future. I get rubbing over rough roads at speed. Overall a well sorted vehicle. Trouble spots (rod bearings, VANOS pump and lines, steering rack, throttle actuators and motor mounts) were recently addressed by the previous owner.

Very happy to be In this club. Moving up from a same year 550i.

7441 - 7460 of 7504 Posts