BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

7421 - 7440 of 7504 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Dyno day..

473.3hp and 382.2ft lbs.. forgot the type of dyno but its similar to a mustang dyno. About 550ish at the crank. Gonna detune FAMS tune and retune with Frank Smith Tuning. Gonna do a 93 octane tune and then come back for a 105 octane E85 tune later.

20200509_122913.jpg

·
Registered
159 Posts
Dyno day..

473.3hp and 382.2ft lbs.. forgot the type of dyno but its similar to a mustang dyno. About 550ish at the crank. Gonna detune FAMS tune and retune with Frank Smith Tuning. Gonna do a 93 octane tune and then come back for a 105 octane E85 tune later.

View attachment 938568
Nice, mods besides FAMS?

2010 E60 M5 • Space Grey

·
Registered
586 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Pic uploader is being a turd. Thoughts on this plate? Feel like it's a subtle nod that those in the know will appreciate, while the xxx xxx format matches our local plates.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
hey a somewhat local M5-er....they are hard to come by around these parts. What past of WV?

·
Registered
285 Posts
hey a somewhat local M5-er....they are hard to come by around these parts. What past of WV?
I'm down in Beckley. Spent plenty of time in Morgantown and Fairmont though, with regular trips to Pittsburgh. Too damn much traffic for my country ***, haha

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I'm down in Beckley. Spent plenty of time in Morgantown and Fairmont though, with regular trips to Pittsburgh. Too damn much traffic for my country ***, haha
Nice. I’m in Pittsburgh. Well about 15 mins south of downtown. Yea you have to know the secret spots around here with some nice twisties and places you can open her up

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
Nice. I’m in Pittsburgh. Well about 15 mins south of downtown. Yea you have to know the secret spots around here with some nice twisties and places you can open her up
My offices are in Kittanning and downtown, on Stanwix. Justin and I tried to grab a drink on one of my trips last year, except I got too wrapped up with work. Once everything blows over, I do need to make another trip back. An m5 dinner at Butcher & the Rye might be the ticket.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
My offices are in Kittanning and downtown, on Stanwix. Justin and I tried to grab a drink on one of my trips last year, except I got too wrapped up with work. Once everything blows over, I do need to make another trip back. An m5 dinner at Butcher & the Rye might be the ticket.
I’ve actually never been to Butcher & the Rye. I’ve been to their other restaurants...been wanting to go there though. Would be a chance for a nice photo opp too.
3 V10s screaming through the streets of downtown echoing off the buildings That would be something...but we’d have to settle with 2 v10s unless you do a cross country trek lol. I’m definitely the quietest with just a Corsa sec3 ha

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Welp got the new fronts...still waiting on the rears.

Question for those coming from super sports to p4s.....do you think the sidewall is shorter/smaller on the p4s when comparing the two? It looks that way to me and these are the same 255/35/20s. That sidewall looks super short and worrying me a bit (my finger pointing to beginning of the sidewall/edge of rim protector.)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Do you have a dedicated build thread, with pics etc? New to the forum (well ... been lurking a while) and can't seem to find such threads on many folks profiles.
Will do.. I'll post one of these days. Its 4 years in the making.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
@horse86 305/30/19 PSS to 295/35/19 PSS to 305/30/19 PS4S for sidewall comparison. Now I'm on 305 AD08R because the PS4S were on back order when I needed new shoes. Yes, my wheels need new powder coating....

^305 PSS

^295 PSS

^305 PS4S

^305 AD08R

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Thanks woody. Good comparison. I like the p4s style of the sidewalls better. Never really was a fan of the Super Sports side wall

And per popular request to post a pic of my wheels ;) This is the best I have to show the color against the space grey. It’s a perfect match. BBS FTW

7421 - 7440 of 7504 Posts