BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

7261 - 7280 of 7280 Posts

·
Registered
2008 BMW M5
9 Posts
^ I took mine apart and wrapped the chrome with gloss black. Looks great and reversible.
That's what I like about Plastdip .. It peels right off, but its durable enough to last at least a couple years. Plus, it's easy and fast to apply .. I took me maybe 45 minutes to do .. most of the time it was just waiting for the Plastidip to dry lol

·
Registered
204 Posts
Since I am working from home for the time being..thought I’d do some long waited maintenance projects that had been lagging (i.e. new tie rods)...nothing better than to take a garage break at noon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
Painted the calipers using VHT Bright Blue color but obviously it's not...more like dark blue/navy.

It was the color I was looking for while spraying but they dried up much darker.

Redoing it now with Duplicolor Blue. Hopefully it will be brighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
472 Posts
So really wasn’t happy so I redid them:

Used duplicolor this time around. It sprayed and covered better than VHT as well. VHT I needed to full cans. With Duplicolor I was technically done with 1 but did one more coat since I had extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'd take em lol

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
I’m honestly thinking about going back to halogen angel eyes. They are more evenly bright, unlike LEDs.

2010 E60 M5 • Space Grey
Do IT! Tim! I went back to OEM awhile ago for a couple reasons.
1) I got tired of aftermarket LEDs burning out every other year -- and a PITA to replace if you don't have hands of a 5 year old. I'm lazy; the OEM halogens NEVER burn out and fitment is perfect.
2) Everyone, and I mean everyone, is running LED angel eyes. You want to stand out from all the "modern" toasters on the road -- run halogen!

7261 - 7280 of 7280 Posts