BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

7141 - 7155 of 7155 Posts

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
@Alan Arnesen I forgot to take a picture, but mine looked oval as well after 12,000ish miles.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I read some scary stuff about pulling spark plug coils so I decided it would be a good PM to change the plugs before I head south to thunder hill. The ones that are in there look pretty worn.
break any coils? Any tips/tricks you used so you don't? lol

·
Registered
421 Posts
The stance after corner balance. Might be able to get away with another 3mm spacer all around 🤔.. Maybe another 5mm on the front.
Screenshot_20200212-123146_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
what about the back 2...those are the real PITA

wow those were due....I have 40k on mine and looking to do mine soon...I already have the plugs. How long did it take you? Follow a specific how-to?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I guess if I just worked straight through maybe an hour. I just started pulling parts until I had access. The rear air boxes as well as the intake air boxes came out, the lower on the drivers side as well. The plastic covers over the coils were removed and put in storage. The coolant expansion tank was just moved out of the way as you can see in the picture.

I have a swivel spark plug socket and depending on the hole I used 3, 6, 9 and 12" extensions. Lube the plug holder in the socket so it will slide off the plug without poping the extension. Again I use channel lock pliers and grabbed the top of the coil and twisted and pulled up at the same time.

·
Registered
889 Posts
^^ There's a Brazilian gentleman on ebay that sells excellent-quality side badges for a fraction of the $50/pop oem retail cost

·
Registered
5,949 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
My guess is cheap rims not rated for the weight of the tesla + going over pot holes? Honestly looks a little scary, I'd be afraid of popping the bead off with how dented the lips are.

·
Registered
149 Posts
what about the back 2...those are the real PITA

wow those were due....I have 40k on mine and looking to do mine soon...I already have the plugs. How long did it take you? Follow a specific how-to?
I did mine when I bought my beast (37k miles or so). It’s like any other car...all plugs are easy except 2 near the firewall, those sucked. I think it took a few hours while moving slow AF and sipping beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7141 - 7155 of 7155 Posts