BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

6901 - 6920 of 7149 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Picking up my daughter old at school. Listen for it, about 3 seconds into the video -- one of her classmates:

Old girl still has it! (At least to a 4 year old!🤣😂)

View attachment 932395
Lol nice.. same thing happened to me when I dropped off my 3 year old daughter at the time at her kid gym. A 4 year old boy said my "race car" was cool 😂..

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just for fun, I can put the old grill back in if I don't like it. It should increase air flow and reduce the size of material getting stuck between the a/c condenser and radiator. The little bit of red here an there should help eliminate the outdated murdered look that I don't care for.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
^^^ nice...was going to get them but for $200 or so felt like it wasn't worth it. A bit hard to notice too unless you are looking for it

·
Registered
168 Posts
^^^ nice...was going to get them but for $200 or so felt like it wasn't worth it. A bit hard to notice too unless you are looking for it
I agree, they don’t standout from afar but for me its all in the details that you can see close. The carbon weave is gorgeous and of good quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Never gets old... was riding around with one of my clients, in from Chicago, that’s never experienced a v10 and a tunnel.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I agree, they don’t standout from afar but for me its all in the details that you can see close. The carbon weave is gorgeous and of good quality.

where did you get them from? link?

how hard was the install? Did you have t take the whole mirror apart? IIRC there are little clips you have to be carfeul breaking when removing the stock/installing the new

·
Registered
421 Posts
Never gets old... was riding around with one of my clients, in from Chicago, that’s never experienced a v10 and a tunnel.

LOL.. is that right by the 605 to 405? It looks familiar.. Man, you making me wanna take out those secondary cats. I'm gonna see if a shop here can make me some clean welded mandrel bent pipes for section 1. So much easier to find exhaust shops in LA than over here on my end.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
LOL.. is that right by the 605 to 405? It looks familiar.. Man, you making me wanna take out those secondary cats. I'm gonna see if a shop here can make me some clean welded mandrel bent pipes for section 1. So much easier to find exhaust shops in LA than over here on my end.
Close... that was the 105E to the 405N,

I would keep the secondaries and lose the primaries. I wish I still had my secondaries.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Close... that was the 105E to the 405N,

I would keep the secondaries and lose the primaries. I wish I still had my secondaries.
Ohhhhh.. coming from LAX.. yeah I like that tunnel.. But why would you say you wish you kept your secondaries? Is it getting a little too loud? Sounds really nice from the videos you have.

·
Registered
168 Posts
where did you get them from? link?

how hard was the install? Did you have t take the whole mirror apart? IIRC there are little clips you have to be carfeul breaking when removing the stock/installing the new
Got them from Autoteknic on their eBay store. Not hard at all, you have to remove the mirror, remove the part that goes around the mirror (4 screws), then remove 2 screws that hold the lower cover to the upper cover. Its reverse to install. Easy enough, you do have to exercise caution not to break the various clips.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Ohhhhh.. coming from LAX.. yeah I like that tunnel.. But why would you say you wish you kept your secondaries? Is it getting a little too loud? Sounds really nice from the videos you have.
The smell... the secondaries cut the smell when you have no primaries.

·
Registered
421 Posts
The smell... the secondaries cut the smell when you have no primaries.
Gotcha.. Yeah I got my decatted RMS headers and yeah the smell ain't that bad with the secondaries - the sound also was not that much louder after install. I did notice some raspiness when I get on it. And I will be getting my Dinan section 3's one of these days - I still think it fits the E60 the best in my opinion.

6901 - 6920 of 7149 Posts