BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
nice!!!
perfect drop for my tastes, not too slammed.
Euro lamps are also sweet, is La La land L.A., La. or not in US?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Los Angeles lol

it doesnt bounce at all. ride comfort is nearly the same as stock, but handling is better, doesnt feel as floaty.

lowering the m6 is a must imo

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Looks good...H&R seems to be a little lower with bigger compromise in ride quality.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Looks good...H&R seems to be a little lower with bigger compromise in ride quality.
I'm putting a set of Eibach springs in my M6 after having H&R for about one year. I'll update with my impressions after installation. I just can't live with the H&R any longer.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I'm putting a set of Eibach springs in my M6 after having H&R for about one year. I'll update with my impressions after installation. I just can't live with the H&R any longer.
hmm another convert!

The ride on Eibachs, as said before, is very close to stock, but a bit stiffer on bumps...not springy at all...

The drop is as low as I can go considering:
I live in Diamond Bar where my home is situated in a hilly area.
With the Vorsteiner lip, can't get too low...

Here are some pics of mine on stock rims:

I would say after a couple of months, the springs have settled a bit, and now I'm on 20's so the wheel gap is less...

·
Registered
547 Posts
I must say my first set of springs were Eibachs and then I had to go lower and put H&R's on but the ride is toooo bumpy and not smooth with these Fu****g H&R's

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I must say my first set of springs were Eibachs and then I had to go lower and put H&R's on but the ride is toooo bumpy and not smooth with these Fu****g H&R's
hahaha....how do you REALLY feel about H&R's:biggrinbounce:

can't wait to see you're ride on the KW's...Vic's writeup seems convincing!

·
Registered
547 Posts
I cant wait to get the KW's put on Im crossing my fingers that they will arrive by Thursday to instal before B-Fest

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Turner motorsport site says that the Hartge springs lower the car 1.25in all around the front & back!

while eibach pro kit says that they lower the m6 1in front and .6 rear.

In my opinion i would go with Hartge because the hartge lowers the car the same all around, keeping the bmw geometry....

does this sound right maybe to anyone?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think by default BMW cars are 'higher' in the front than the rear, I choose Eibach springs for my M6 because I wanted the "raked" look(the back is a bit higher than the front) but didn't want the vehicle slammed to a point where it's a pain in the a** for daily driving.

Eibach PRO-KIT Lowering Specs: Front = 1.0 in / Rear = 0.6 in

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I think by default BMW cars are 'higher' in the front than the rear, I choose Eibach springs for my M6 because I wanted the "raked" look(the back is a bit higher than the front) but didn't want the vehicle slammed to a point where it's a pain in the a** for daily driving.

Eibach PRO-KIT Lowering Specs: Front = 1.0 in / Rear = 0.6 in
Looks great. I'm having mine installed on the 6th.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I had my Eibach Pro springs installed today. The ride height is slightly higher when compared to the H&R, but I have to say the car looks much more uniform and not 'slammed'. The ride... well what else can I say, it is hugely improved. I'm going to run the car in the hills this weekend to determine any handling compromises, but since my M6 has become my daily driver, I will forfeit any possible handling issues.

I am hugely happier with my Eibach compared to my H&Rs. Anyone want a set of H&R springs, I'll give them away for free, you just pay shipping.

Reactions: plastique999

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had my Eibach Pro springs installed today. The ride height is slightly higher when compared to the H&R, but I have to say the car looks much more uniform and not 'slammed'. The ride... well what else can I say, it is hugely improved. I'm going to run the car in the hills this weekend to determine any handling compromises, but since my M6 has become my daily driver, I will forfeit any possible handling issues.

I am hugely happier with my Eibach compared to my H&Rs. Anyone want a set of H&R springs, I'll give them away for free, you just pay shipping.
LOL. I'll be glad to take them off your hands;);). how much would shipping be from the motherland anyways??

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
LOL. I'll be glad to take them off your hands;);). how much would shipping be from the motherland anyways??
I can ship custom-tax free to anywhere stateside I would estimate $30 or so. No more than $50.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I am extremely pleased with my Eibachs! Thanks to the recommendation of plastique999 , The car looks and handles almost perfect!:) There is no question these are "the springs" for this car!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts