BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping to see a sticky about any maintenance related items I should be aware of. I keep my E60 in perfect shape, I try to keep up with everything that is necessary to be done, but I've lost the battle, I cannot keep up with all the SMG issues, the possible Vanos issues looming,, electrical bugs, here and there, it's no longer worth it. I've dumped as much money into this car as I paid for it. I'm going to be trading it in, today.

I guess the first thing on my mind is, I see a nice 2008 E90 M3 Coupe. It's M/T, it's well kept, it's about 60k mi on the clock, and it's about the same price as the outgoing car.

The first issue on my mind...it's a 2008, which is the first year the E90 M's came out in the states. Am I potentially facing the First-year gremlins?

Is there a thread someone can direct me to regarding any known issues with the S65 or the car itself?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I know some of the earlier builds had some issues, but I believe those were worked out fairly quickly. My buddy has a 2008 with no issues at all. As always, if you can buy lower mileage/newer go for it. I think if the car checks out with a legit mechanic then you will be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts