BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
I thought for sure it was going to be an E60 or an X6 (BMW Aztek)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
snow plow??? pshaw!!!! i got two words fer you....

cow catcher! for screaming through rolling green hills and the errant bovine looking for what's on the other side of the fence.

·
Registered
763 Posts
looks like something from Death Race 2000

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
It's a reworked engine with Schrick 288 cams, mapped and a side exit exhaust (so no silencers then!). They reckon 345Bhp, which is well within believable parameters with what they're doing.

It's got drivers seat only.

That splitter is probably doing wonders on the front. Remember how much trouble with handling and tyre wear the Top Gear guys got on their 330d when the front splitter came off? (Season 10, Episode 09)

The E34 tends to understeer anyway, so just think how much downforce that "thing" is adding. Would probably sort it out without having to dial it out by messing with the rear of the car.

Also, looking at picture number four, I think those tyres are Bridgestone RE540's, (or something visually similar), which if they are running 255's at the back is actually a 258mm tyre and very sticky. (Might even be bigger, 255 in RE55's deliver at 262 to 275 depending on who measured).
This will exacerbate the native understeer. So, with the cow-catcher up front, I bet that car actually handles well on a track!!

Remember, a plank with a nail in it isn't pretty, but Sweet Mary, can it get the job done.

Regards

Ivan

·
4,354 Posts

couldn't they just have added a wide bodykit and used the extra width to add splitters and such, like in the dtm series...i mean i don't mind how it looks but that a pretty big bumper and from the look of it if you brake hard enough you're gonna start eating the lip, worse even if you go off it looks like it could easily dig itself in

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Not if the racing series you choose to compete is has regulations regarding the increase in track or width over standard of the factory vehicle. (thinking out loud)

That's why some E34's entered in the Kumho series look under-tyred as they all use the same size tyre (235/40/17??? if memory serves)

Regards

Ivan

·
Registered
526 Posts
Front bumper must be very pedestrian safe !

Will scoop you right over the car. The landing from about 20feet up in the air could hurt though.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Well, pikes peak has brought us uglier cars and people only cheer at those.

For me, a trackcar can handle some of those modifications..remember the Zakspeed Capri's that started with similar splitters but came back with some centimeters shaved off because of the banking of the track?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Geez, my first impression is that it's the worlds fastest parking lot or street sweeper.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts