BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I've been looking to find a nice daily driver with a good combination of comfort and power and since the BMW design teams haven't exactly been hitting them out of the park recently, with the possible exception of the new M3, I've been seeing what else is out there.

I am loving the S5 and the upcoming RS5. What are your opinions on this ride? This example is tuned by Caractere. Thanks.

·
Registered
161 Posts
what's your criteria?

I just (unexpectedly b/c of an accident) went through the process of thinking about a replacement for my m5. For me, I needed a sedan so this Audi wasnt on my list b/c of that, but other Audis were.

Uniqueness was a key factor in my thoughts - there are no shortage of nice cars where i live, but an audi really blends into the masses. Nothing wrong with that, but I do like to have things that stand out a little.

In the end, of new cars available I like the Maserati the best for drive, exclusivity/uniqueness, but didnt feel like this was the year to go for one ($) so I went to another e39 m5.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
My criteria is pretty standard: power, luxury, coupe is good to go because the wife's SUV handles the four-door duties and it needs to look gorgeous. I think this fits the bill pretty nicely. As far as standing out, I've been there and am done with it. Now I want a advanced tactical stealth fighter: Great looking car, but one that can get below the radar floor and coolly move through the masses without drawing a second look from laypeople, but the cognoscenti will definitely get a 'blip' on the radar.
Nice call on the encore E39 M5 though, always a winner!:cheers:

·
Registered
167 Posts
S5 for sure. Unless you look at the M3. Coupe to coupe.

In 4 doors, the S4 (rs4) just doesn't have enough room to be called a 4 door. Sure, it opens in the back, but so what. You can fit 2 grocery bags back there. Maybe a 6 pack of beer on the floor.

As a daily, 2 > 4.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.