BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I've been looking to find a nice daily driver with a good combination of comfort and power and since the BMW design teams haven't exactly been hitting them out of the park recently, with the possible exception of the new M3, I've been seeing what else is out there.

I am loving the S5 and the upcoming RS5. What are your opinions on this ride? This example is tuned by Caractere. Thanks.

·
Registered
481 Posts
thats hot! i would definately enjoy one

·
Registered
160 Posts
what's your criteria?

I just (unexpectedly b/c of an accident) went through the process of thinking about a replacement for my m5. For me, I needed a sedan so this Audi wasnt on my list b/c of that, but other Audis were.

Uniqueness was a key factor in my thoughts - there are no shortage of nice cars where i live, but an audi really blends into the masses. Nothing wrong with that, but I do like to have things that stand out a little.

In the end, of new cars available I like the Maserati the best for drive, exclusivity/uniqueness, but didnt feel like this was the year to go for one ($) so I went to another e39 m5.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My criteria is pretty standard: power, luxury, coupe is good to go because the wife's SUV handles the four-door duties and it needs to look gorgeous. I think this fits the bill pretty nicely. As far as standing out, I've been there and am done with it. Now I want a advanced tactical stealth fighter: Great looking car, but one that can get below the radar floor and coolly move through the masses without drawing a second look from laypeople, but the cognoscenti will definitely get a 'blip' on the radar.
Nice call on the encore E39 M5 though, always a winner!:cheers:

·
Registered
947 Posts
At a track event in Sonoma, CA, Audi has a performance driving center with about 10 S5's, 6 S8 and a handful of RS4s...pretty suite collection of cars in one place. The S5 definitely looked nice from the outside and I do not think you could go wrong with this car. I definitely liked the white with the dark brown interior.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Not for Me..

Sorry, I can't get past the Audi front end - just too fugly, in my opinion. I know they are great German performance cars, and I know its just a matter of individual taste, but they're not for me.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Check the new RS6. Not sure if it's available yet.... Twin turbo V10, 580hp. That'll get ya where you need to go. GL with the search, sorry to hear about the accident.

·
Registered
167 Posts
S5 for sure. Unless you look at the M3. Coupe to coupe.

In 4 doors, the S4 (rs4) just doesn't have enough room to be called a 4 door. Sure, it opens in the back, but so what. You can fit 2 grocery bags back there. Maybe a 6 pack of beer on the floor.

As a daily, 2 > 4.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just be ready for horrible resale and hope nothing goes very wrong. I have had nightmares about Audi CS and my issues with an A4. Be very comfortable with your dealer.

Good luck either way!

Eric

1 - 12 of 12 Posts