BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before my rant grrrrrrr , something thats needed saying......

Just a word as a newly registered member of sincerest thanks to the forum admins, and above all else, you, the members for some of the best BMW ///M related information I've come across on the web, I'm an avid ///M Power fan, and have spent many hours browsing these threads.
Some inspired writing, excellent photography, sharp comment and some awesome video's - the M5 driving school being a favorite - Thank you All. :thumbsup: :cheers: :thumbsup:

Ok, the important bit. Cyber slap me if I'm wrong, but I've registered here as a member but, being honest, I don't have an M power car.... a very good friend used to race an e28 M5 engined 518i ?????? but thats about as close to M ownership I'm likely to get in the forseable future.

You can all start laughing with pleasure at J905URD, my '91 318i, 160,000miles on its factory clutch (!) and by far and away one of the best cars I've owned. (Shabby quality piccy below...)
Replacement of the e36 is planned over the next year or so, I'm scheming ways of convincing my father his '98 528iSE would be better suited to me now he's retired.... :hihi: :M5launch:

Scania is a direct reference to my trade, I'm an HGV Class 1 driver, strangely enough, I drive a 124 420 Scania Topline. (12 Litre, 4 Series 420BHP) its an interesting thought when I'm behind the wheel of my 44tonner, the e39 M5 is 20horses shy of my truck, the e60 is 80 more!!!:eek:

So, there we have it, I'm an imposter I suppose, I'd love to contribute in whatever way I can to the community but fully understand if you guys want to keep the boards for ///M Power drivers only. :M5rev:

I thought my best policy was to post and see if my account still works tomorrow! :typing: :confused:

Best Regards and keep up the great work!

Paul.

Scania. :byee55amg

Attachments

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Welcome aboard Paul - we welcome all M enthusiasts whether you own one or not :thumbsup:

At least you're decent and honest. There have been a lot of imposters here over the years.. guys do you remember the fellow in Northern Ireland who claimed to have a Lamborghini. When he posted a picture, it turned out to be a photo from a brochure :nono:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Welcome to the board, and don't worry I don't even have a BMW.

I'm here because I love to drive BMW's every chance I have, and desperatly would like to have an M5.

This is an excellent online community, very mature compared to almost every other message board. You'll love it here, this is truly a hang out for the automobile enthusiast!!! :thumbsup:

-Aviator

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I have a BMW...
Good to have another member, and dont worry if you lack an M car. Passion and good posts are all anyone cares about.
My M5 (hopefully imagestation is working)
:cheers:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments guys, its nice to know where I stand!

Interesting car BmwNut :eek:h: ! - I've looked at that piccy a few times, somethings not quite right...... :D

The Lamborghini "owner" is just the sort of situation I don't want to arise, hence my post.

Ashok Arora, its nice to be thought of as honest, but "decent" ... Hmm , I'm not so sure I fit that one! :2:
cherrsagai :cheers:

:viking:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts