BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car is showing symptoms of a bad steering sensor. So I followed the DIY for cleaning the sensor. There were some dust and what looked like lint on the disc, as well as clear, dried residue all over the disc. I looked at the clear block and that was still clean so I only cleaned the disc. Cleaned it all off with a light solvent, and inspected the underside and it was spotless. Popped everything back together and hoped that it worked. Started the car, turned wheels all the way a couple of time, and it is not fixed.:grrrrr: Does the sensor need to be replaced then? I really don't want to take it to a indy when I can do the replacement myself. The only thing I don't know how to do is the programming.

My symptoms are when I start the car,
-Wipers goes off, brake light is on, DCS light is on, malfunction messages in idrive, no horn and no cruise. Sometimes the horn goes off when I start the car and not the wipers, but it is usually the wipers.
-However when I hit either the steering tilt button or turns signals, the horn blows for 2 seconds, all messages/lights goes away, everything goes back to normal. EXCEPT for the horn. I still have no horn.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kar0g19pxl4re6v/20140724_165849.mp4?dl=0

heres a video showing what I am talking about.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone???

·
Registered
362 Posts
You really need to have the codes read by someone with the proper software. Without the code, you're pissing in the wind and could be barking up the wrong tree

1 - 3 of 3 Posts