1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
Sehr gepflegter Zustand, Alpina Sportsitze, Unfallfrei/Checkheft, Airbag, Fast Neu bereift, Tempomat, Klima, Zentral, Servo, el.Wegfahr, Alarm, el.Fenster, el. Schiebedach, M-Spiegel (orginal aber vorhanden), Festpreis, inzahlungnahme oder Tausch möglich, besuchen sie www.kfz-a9.de

Very well maintained condition, Alpina Sportseats, Accident free, Service history, Airbag, Almost new tires, Cruise control, Climate control, central locking, power steering, immobilizer, alarm, electric windows, electric sunroof, M-mirrors (originals also available), non-negotiable price, trade-in possible. Visit www.kfz-a9.de

My guess is the reason this car isn't selling is the lack of leather and the relatively high mileage. Also, a M3 3.0 can be had for almost the same money in Germany. And it's for sale in Ingolstadt - where every Audi employee can get a new or almost new Audi with major discount.

It looks to be in pretty decent condition.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i saw that it was Ingolstadt and realised the Audi link... and yes the lack of leather is one of the points that annoys me.. still it's the right colour and the rest of the car looks very nice...

trouble is that in Germany it's not that rare... where as in the UK there where only about 20 4 door cars and therefore much mre difficult to find...

·
Registered
146 Posts
This alpina has been on for months and he has gradully dropped the price by arouind £2k, is very nice and looks totally original, however maybe cos its a full auto is putting people off it :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Andy/Narinder I've spoken to Mark the seller of the silver grey auto on the trder.. trouble is as you say it's an auto(though the RHD are much rarer than the LHD ones...) I'm going to see it next week as it's not far from me - but in the pics i can see the plaque where it should be and even though it's dropped in price it isn't cheap enough yet...

i think i'd prefer the switchtronic if i had the choice - but would def prefer the saloon to the coupe (q car thing if you know what i mean...) and either manual or switch would be better than full autobox...

though the uk car does have leather...

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
saloons are tops, everybody has a coupe, plus those that don't know just think it's a tarted BMW, until you show them otherwise that is.
There was a switchtronic one on there a few weeks back, looked good, but pricey if I remember.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
yes andy it was a corbodoba red car that was near leciester then someone in birmingham was selling it, it had pimp leather piped and was a B3 switchtronic saloon.....not sure where it is now though

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tbh that red one doesn't sound like the type of thing i fancy.. quite like the thought of this german one.. but not gonna rush into anything...

·
Registered
659 Posts
D4 said:
tbh that red one doesn't sound like the type of thing i fancy.. quite like the thought of this german one.. but not gonna rush into anything...
You have never rushed anything in your life!! :noSMG:

·
Registered
44 Posts
andy... i have owned 2, both were autos, but one had the switchtronic. only problem i had was a water pump, which is quite common on any e36. the switchtronic was fantastic fun to drive, and even the straight auto had bags of grunt in sports mode.
try the auto before you dismiss it as you may be surprised!
dave

·
Registered
456 Posts
Leaving the E39's?
What is the purpose of the car Andy? I'd try and find a 3.2 manual or even a V8 (but not at that money!) to be honest, as you can find M3's for that sort of money.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jez

the purpose of the car is i need an alpina for the buchloe.. and i've sold my m535i so am in need of another car anyway for car club events etc.. this isn't to replace the 540.. though i am considering selling that also...

also.. never thought i'd hear you suggest an m3 over an alpina...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tinker said:
Andy, only suggesting an E36 M3 over a B3 3.0! not a B8 or B3 3.2! there are some good M cars about.
yes there's no doubt an e36 m3 would be the easier option.. certainly easier to find.. but as i said i need/want an Alpina for my summer trip.. and considering my budget has already gone from £k to something close to 6K i'm not sure i wanna be looking at B10's or B8's

·
Registered
456 Posts
How about an older car? Somthing like a B6 3.5? Same sort of money but (to my mind) so much nicer.

Oh I am looking at one in France at the moment for £3.5k ish

·
Registered
659 Posts
Jez,
that would be a bit of me,
let me know the outcome and if its not for you!! mmmmmm

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jez i don't want another older/classic alpina.. i've altready got a very rare b9 which is eating up large chunks of cash.. the last thing i want is another 'classic' alpina.. what i'm after is something that will be a little bit more reliable/useable and altogether much easier to live with...

Andy

1 - 20 of 25 Posts