BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Long time since I was in this part of the M5 forum, since my B8 days in fact.

Well, I am getting a little fed up with how much it costs to tune my M5, and would like a change anyway - maybe?

Will be looking at 2 Bi Turbo 's

http://www.blocket.se/view/4241137.htm?caller=gbl_s&l=0&c=1&city=0

http://www.blocket.se/view/4520773.htm?caller=gbl_s&l=0&c=1&city=0

The second one is cheap, first one in great condition. Dont mind either.
What kind of problems does one get with these cars ie unexpected and expected other than the usual wear and tear.....naturally I will look after the thing with the same love I admonish on my current beast.

Alot of people dont think it is a good idea tuning these cars, but I believe in a little light tuning, and is one of my aims when I get this car, all done proffessionally and properly off course (just see my current car).

Anyway any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, and may sway my decision in what I do in the very near future.

Kind Regards
J

PS I still have my B8's wooden gear stick sitting on my work desk - been there since it went home Sept 03. :sad2:

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
As a general rule, i would always go for the best car that i could afford. Imho it saves problems (and money) in the long run.

There are plenty on this board who know more about the b10 than i, so i will leave the floor open to them

all the best
adam

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adam said:
As a general rule, i would always go for the best car that i could afford. Imho it saves problems (and money) in the long run.

There are plenty on this board who know more about the b10 than i, so i will leave the floor open to them

all the best
adam
----------
Thanks Adam - nice collection of cars btw.
----------

·
Registered
223 Posts
hi,

if i were you, i would take one from number 450 and abovemmmmmm ...the last 50 models are full-optioned (electr."wasserbuffel-leather" seats...sounds weird, i don´t know how to spell it:D ),blue speedo, airbag, auto aircon etc)
they also have that facelift (v8 kidney etc.)
in my opinion, if the engine+turbos are new or nearly new.. it´s not that important how many kilometer the whole car has....
but please don´t take the cheapest on the market...spend a little more when you buy the car..that could save you a couple of bucks later.:hihihi:

regards alex

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
yes i second that mine is no 463 one of the last 50 has more of a modern spec, also make sure you get all history for the car and alpina can also help you check whats been done on it if you give them the build number and its from germany.

·
Registered
885 Posts
The first one looks good;i like the color/stripe combo.

I'v you really want a good one,take your time.I'v had e-mail contact with an englishman,living and working in Holland at the moment.He reads the board but is not a member yet.He has driven with and seen a few BT's.He also visited me for some info and i toke him for a ride.Trust your feelings and buy a good one!

regards,C-J

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
The first one has been for sale for over a year now...not sure why.

Jarl's also have a BiTurbo with monster milage (250k km), however it has an engine rebuilt by one of the boardmembers here. I checked it out in Germany 2 years ago and it was still 2nd owner at the time. Definitely give that some consideration.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for all the advice. I will think more on it. I still love my M5 aswell, so it is even harder deciding, but will see how I feel in a few weeks or so.

Best Regards all

J

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trotto said:
Seems like you have run out of options on this one now. Only one link is working properly for me...
----------------
yep you is right....
Its probably gone then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts