BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had weird electrical things going on since I bought my car...Nav/stereo/AC periodically shut down etc. Of course this never happens when I bring it in to the shop.:grrrrr: Anyway, one thing that seems to consistantly happen, and I'd have to think is connected, is that whenever I open my trunk, the Nav CD pops out. (And, it might not be *because* I opened the trunk...it might just be doing it *anyway*.)Any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Can't explain the Nav CD, but the rest of it sounds like a dying battery.

I suppose, in theory, someone might have hacked your general module and inserted a virus, but this seems unlikely.

Check you battery - less than about 12.6V when the car is off = time for a new battery.

d-

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Yep......

Can't explain the Nav CD, but the rest of it sounds like a dying battery.

I suppose, in theory, someone might have hacked your general module and inserted a virus, but this seems unlikely.

Check you battery - less than about 12.6V when the car is off = time for a new battery.

d-
+1. Don't bother checking. Car's 5 years old. Unless you've done so already, 'time for a new battery.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
+1. Don't bother checking. Car's 5 years old. Unless you've done so already, 'time for a new battery.
>>>

Hmm...it's been doing it since I got it.:grrrrr: I'll check it out though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts