BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i'm selling a portal orbital, with a few pads (wax on, wax off and clay applicator), instructions, and in a hard case. this has been used maybe three times, i got it but just don't have the time or desire to really put this to use. everything is as new condition. i'll get some pix up with more details, it's in the case in my garage. i'd prefer a sf bay area buyer because of shipping costs, asking $90 for the kit.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just went through everything....

i have a few people who want it, but want to post all the details and make sure whoever buys this is happy.

it is the porter orbital model 7336, not 7424. i have no idea what the difference is, but they are both '6 inch variable speed random orbitals' from porter with 3.7 amp motors...go figure. i have the following pads: paint cleaning clay holder in plastic, orange foam polish pad in plastic, a red applicator pad in good shape, and a sheepskin wax removal pad in good shape. all comes in a black hard case with instructions from griot's garage. i think i've underpriced it but i am happy to give someone here a good deal. i'm going back to those who have emailed me, so hopefully this is gonzo tomorrow. i've attached one picture of the kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
porter 7336 vs 7424...

i spoke to porter this morning about the different models since they look identical to me. the customer service person i spoke to said that they were mechanically the same but are usually kitted with different pads--the 7336 with sanding pads and the 7424 with polishing pads. for some reason, the kit i have from griot's garage has the 7336 but of course with all the waxing and polishing pads as shown in the picture. hope this helps. i have a few people who have expressed interest in this, just waiting to hear back in order of the original expression of interest. thx.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the instruction manual for the porter, still wrapped up in plastic, is titled the following:

"double insulated random orbit Sander/6" Polisher"

it then lists the following models: 7335, 7336, 7336sp, 7424, 7424sp

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
bump for a porter that will save you a lot of time detailing!

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
They are, indeed, the same.

I paid $109 for the 7336sp a few years ago new, but no foam pads..it did have the hook and loop flex pad.

Hang tight- somebody will pick it up- around asking or so, they are great units

A

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think i have a local buyer from the board, will know later today if he shows up. if not i'll move on down the list. i'm not sure why this has been difficult...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts