BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
HOLY...!!!! WOW...what was that bird thinking...even at 245kph (~152mph) it looks like he must have dive bombed straight for the windshield! ouichYUCK...that's a case to take it to the local $20 interior/exterior car wash

·
Registered
238 Posts
mottati said:
that would really mess up your day...
A lot! At least it didn't hit a foot or so more towards the driver...

Given that there's no exterior damage, it appears that the driver maintained his cool and that is a feat in itself.

Greg

·
Registered
837 Posts
Thats nuts, what kind of bird, size? I assume everyone is ok, nice car as well, how do you like it, I have been contemplating getting a convertible, Josh

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Is it a chicken? Maybe it fell off a truck going the other way? Or was it flying?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Need4Spd said:
Is it a chicken? Maybe it fell off a truck going the other way? Or was it flying?
blecch, they got all sortsa nasty bird creatures in Germany, the coolest thing i saw as a bird that was stuck into a hole in the ICE 200 mph train, it looked like it hit the bird from behind and got plastered against the train like cars catch bugs, wish i had a picture

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I saw this happen on I-66 in Washington Dc to a Chevy van. He was approaching an over-pass and the sea gull came flying down from under the bridge and WHAM!!!!!!!! Feathers went everywhere!!! The guy actually maintained control of the vehicle! The bird was at about a 45 degree angle to the windshield and went right thru.

Anyway, sorry about the experience!!! You O.K.???

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's not my car. I got the picture from a friend. The country code on the license plate is too blurry for me to tell what country in europe this car is from (Is it a D for Germany?)

·
Registered
5,353 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Another foot to the left and the driver is possibly dead .... wow, what a mess

1 - 14 of 14 Posts