BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last autobild is an article which cites a german stock analyst who is saying that Wendelin Wiedekind has gave green light for a new Porsche.

The fourth Porsche should be a 4-door or a 2-door with easy entry. It should have a front motor based on the Cayenne S and also turbo. It will have a lot of Carrera GT style elements and will have a transaxle (probbably from Maserati, VW is cooperating with Maserati and Ferrari). Also there should be a lot of elements from VW Phaeton or Bentley GT. So it will be a part Porsche, a part Bentley and a part Maserati quatroporte. The car should be presented in the end of 2006 and sales starting 2007.

Adnan

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Just dont let VW touch the gearbox, they cant make a good synchro to save their lives (or good rivits on the ring gear). It will be interesting to see how that car shapes up. There is a good market for these cars, and as Porsche has shown with the Cayenne and the Carrera GT that there isnt an upscale market it doesnt want some presence in. Looks promising.
:cheers:

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
dont borrow from the C-GT!!

I think its a mistake for Porsche to borrow styling elements from the C-GT- like the hedlights in those pictures. The C-GT should remain a unique car in the Porsche range. But overall, its very exciting.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Re: dont borrow from the C-GT!!

MEnthusiast said:
I think its a mistake for Porsche to borrow styling elements from the C-GT- like the hedlights in those pictures. The C-GT should remain a unique car in the Porsche range. But overall, its very exciting.
I agree with you. I'm disappointed in the Porsche tuners who are offering Carrera GT-style front bumpers for 911s and Boxsters.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
The quattroporte will be a cool car :)

all the best
adam

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I personally don´t like the new Quatroporte. If I had to choose between them and a Cayenne turbo, I would take the Cayenne.

Adnan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts