BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see what different people pay for insurance in different parts of the world, with different ages/driving histories.

I just looked on Progressive's site - I'm 23, with a clean driving record. Got a $155/mo insurance quote :confused3. Doable, but ugly. But then again, that's with collision and uninsured motorist coverage and 100/300/100 person, accident,property. So what about the rest of you?

·
Registered
33 Posts
27 years
2 years clean record

$120/mo :dunno:
incl theft,person insurance,law help,damage by nature, animals and cars. with a maximum of 8000 miles.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Try costs in the uk if you think you're paying over the odds.

Last year i was paying £105 per month, thats about $163 a month.

I'm 31, with 14 years no claims against me, garaged car

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I am in North Carolina, 39 and I pay $51 a month for a 2002 via Geico, full coverage and $50 Deductable for both Collision and Comprehensive/uninsured etc

·
Registered
178 Posts
Im 32. One major conviction and that is it. Premium was 280cdn until this past summer when I found out that because the "original" retail price was over 100k it was going up. Now 360cdn. I have been told this coming fall that it will only go down to around 220-266 with the conviction gone. Yep Insurance in Ontario Canada is the worst in the world. I still have my dd grand am gt and the gf rendenvous to pay every month. Close to 700cdn a month.

·
Registered
798 Posts
$40 a month. 1 old minor speed violation about to come off. Zero claims ever. 32 years old. Wifes Highlander and our home is on this policy too. Higher deductibles but I wouldn't make a claim for anything low dollar anyway.
Liberty Mutual with BMW CC discount.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I am 46 and use USAA.

Our insruace covers a Mercedes CLK350, Nissan Pathfiner, and the M5 as well as a Four Winns 24 Ft boat. Total $166 per month.

I just got my son a Ford Focus. The quote I got for him was $1500 for 6 months!!! grrrrrrrgrrrrrrrgrrrrrrr

Fortunately I did a deal with my Ex. I buy the car and she buys the insurance :haha:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I quess it makes sense, about getting higher insurance with speed tickets.

But still, its like getting kicked in the b*lls twice :confused3

·
Registered
470 Posts
Let's see.. 49 years old, clean record.. 4 cars (3 BMW's) each car averages $73 a month with the M5 about $70. Funny thing is my wifes car, 2006 Honda Accord is the highest of the 4 at $80 a month.

FYI, we get multiple discounts due to multiple policies (homeowners), a work union discount and my wife works for them, Liberty Mutual.

Funny thing.. I've been involved in 2 accidents in the past 20 years. Both times in my Z4. Both times I was sitting still at a light and someone else hit me. And yes, their insurance paid for it. I tell my wife.. as long as I'm moving I can avoid the idiots.

·
Registered
595 Posts
£500.00 a year fully comp,with protected claims,etc,etc,driver and spouse.....blah,blah,blah,

·
Registered
59 Posts
$75 with full coverage/highest limits and $100 deductibles through Geico.
I'm 27 with one not at fault accident about 3 years ago, St Paul, MN.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, I guess that "below 25 rate hike" really does make a difference. How are you guys getting <$100/mo under 25?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just curious to see what different people pay for insurance in different parts of the world, with different ages/driving histories.
33 years old, 4 years of driving history in the US, spotless record (knock on wood). I only have liability + uninsured at state minimum (50/100/50), and I pay $38/month on my 2001 540i. I got a quote from Geico for adding an E39 M5, and it only went up to $64/month, which is pretty good I think.

I don't pay comprehensive + collision, because I figure that if I'm in a crash it probably will not be my fault. This gives me an extra incentive to be careful out on the roads. In case somebody hits me, they should have insurance, or it would be covered by the uninsured policy.

·
Registered
105 Posts
32yrs old, Married multiple policies with same place - - State Farm about 40 a mo for the M. 250/500/250

Not bad, the older, married, cleaner rercord and more stuff (cars, cycles, home) you give the ins company the lower the rate

·
Registered
993 Posts
27yo 1 ticket, Full coverage. $2k ded on wreck $500 on vand, theft and acts of god. $111/mo cad in Qc Canada

1 - 20 of 24 Posts