BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning guys!!!

As my 1992 BT is going for an inspection/service and I am not satisfied with its riding-/bumping-behaviour of the front-chassis, I am thinking about taking that chance and swap the chassis bushings from standard to something better, more precise, stiffer.

If I remeber right, polyurethane is the best choice for a daily street driver and only 2-5-times Nordschleife-driven car.

So I feel free to ask you three questions:

1. Which bushings would you - FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE - advice to change (front / back / swaybars)?

2. Which products / manufacturer did you made good / best experiences with at your car?

3. Where can I purchase the stuff you equipped your baby with? (Maybe more a question to answer for the guys, who are as me from Autobahn-Country).

As the BT is mainly identical to the E34-M5`s, I friendly aksed in this board`s E34-section for advice in this topic / thread, too.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
do all of them, ive done mine but cant remember the name of the company, but it is a british company and they do a complete kit for the e34 m5 for about 160 gbp and the results are very good

·
Registered
832 Posts
do all of them, ive done mine but cant remember the name of the company, but it is a british company and they do a complete kit for the e34 m5 for about 160 gbp and the results are very good

Do you by any chance mean Powerflex ?

If so their bushes are excellent....I used them on my 535i and the results were amazing....at 180km/h over resurfaced patches of highway the suspension maintained absolute integrity...couldn't say the same with the stock set-up.

The bushes lasted until I sold the car...that's how good they were.......get a load of our roads down here :1zhelp:.......the 535i's power figures are no match for your Biturbo or an M5 so while I could use the purple bushes you must use the black ones.

Get in touch with Cyrus on the M5 board...I bought mine from him and he'll point you in the right direction.

Go for it !

Cheers

Erik

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Get the black strenght version of PF>

Replace all. Leaving some in place would amplify their wear when the rest is new

·
Registered
223 Posts
Powerflex Works quite well :thumbsup:
The ride won´t be as comfortable as with oem parts, but it´s worth the money.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the hinds, fellows!!! Especially the link to Sandtler is a perfect match! Sometimes the best / most obvious is so near...Sandtler is only 10km`s from my place :)))

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
powerflex is what ive got, thanks lads

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Called Sandtler: they are out of stock with the E34 M5-bushings...at least 3 weeks delivery-time if ordered. :crying2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts