BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
They have solid motor mounts for the e34, that must be more of a performance car than the e39 :eek:

:rofl:

Why do they recommend the 75D mounts for race use only? :dunno:

Enjoy the mounts Peter :)

PLEASE NOTE THAT I DO NOT OWN AN M5 AND THIS POST IS NOT INTENDED TO BE ARROGANT. PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT REVISED DISCLAIMER THAT APPLIES TO THIS POST

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
It's nice to see they priced them accordingly because they are for a BMW.

Similar mounts for an Audi/VW are half that price.

Reactions: herrubermensch

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
It sure as Hell isn't a daily driver! LOL.

--Peter

hiha

You've come so far :)

At this point it is more like a comet :rofl:

PLEASE NOTE THAT I DO NOT OWN AN M5 AND THIS POST IS NOT INTENDED TO BE ARROGANT. PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT REVISED DISCLAIMER THAT APPLIES TO THIS POST

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Come on guys, keep it straight! Currently 3100 lbs dry.

--Peter

PS: If it vibrates too much, I'll carve it back to the 95A poly mounts.
Why not solid "Billet" aluminum?

Or even better, a NASCAR style motor plate direct bolted to the frame rails for that monster?? You could get rid of the strut bar if you have one. I'm sure a thin sheet of rubber between the rail and plate would provide all the damping you need. Should be able to truly feel the power of the engine through the seat of your pants.....

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Why not solid "Billet" aluminum?

Or even better, a NASCAR style motor plate direct bolted to the frame rails for that monster?? You could get rid of the strut bar if you have one. I'm sure a thin sheet of rubber between the rail and plate would provide all the damping you need. Should be able to truly feel the power of the engine through the seat of your pants.....
LOL. Bob a/k/a REKIII actually is working on some adjustable level motor mounts that I will likely try at some point in order to take advantage of the ability my dry sump pan affords me to lower the engine. But I thought I'd give the poly guys a shot first.

--Peter

1 - 20 of 48 Posts