Not trying to revive a prior discussion
But I would just like to know if people would be willing to buy
ANY Performance Center Cars
This information is merely used to gauge the reselling difficulties of a PC Car
Thanks Alot for All input.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I'm unaware of what a performance center car is. Would this be the same as buying a used Dinan S3 car?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I'm unaware of what a performance center car is. Would this be the same as buying a used Dinan S3 car?
Nope, these are the cars driven on track and around town in South Carolina as part of the BMW performance center. These are the cars we get to beat up when they give us the M DE for ex, or when you go to M school, amongst other events.

While these cars are maintained meticulously, they are driven harder than hard by all of us knucleheads who know that these arent OUR cars to have to live with.

Id stay away unless the cars were at least 50-75% below retail to the OP (though I voted NEVER)

·
Registered
992 Posts
Nope, these are the cars driven on track and around town in South Carolina as part of the BMW performance center. These are the cars we get to beat up when they give us the M DE for ex, or when you go to M school, amongst other events.

While these cars are maintained meticulously, they are driven harder than hard by all of us knucleheads who know that these arent OUR cars to have to live with.

Id stay away unless the cars were at least 50-75% below retail to the OP (though I voted NEVER)
Makes sense why I've never heard the term or seen cars from PC's since I live here in Texas!

They would definitely have to be wayyyyy below retail for me to purchase. If I were a master tech or had a close friend who was one I would maybe consider or if I were going to do something radical such as building a FI motor in my garage(which would be probably the hardest project ever for someone with my skillset).

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
how would you know if it is a PC car? do they have to tell you? is it in the VIN?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I would rather buy the PC car than one from a private seller, because you know the PC car has been well maintained. Any private seller could beat on their car just as much but never maintain it. Think about all those low-mileage M's that spend a lot of time in the garage: When they come out of the garage, they get driven hard. Mine has gone over 16 months without asking for an oil change (even though I've done it twice in that period). I bet the PC cars get the oil changed at least once a year if not more often.

if I were going to do something radical such as building a FI motor in my garage
I've done that but it doesn't qualify me to do much on a new M-car!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts