BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just curious to see what everyone has on there cars either the M5 badge or do you have it removed??

·
Registered
412 Posts
With badge - 99.9% of the people out their do not know what an M5 is anyhow.(It's their loss.)

John

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
No badge here. I took it off. It's an M5, exactly. the whole point is subtlety. Besides, it's SO much cooler when you cream a 911, leaving him wondering what the **** that thing was. Gets him interested, etc. :)

--Dan

·
Registered
122 Posts
Keep the badges in my opinion.

the m5 logo gives off some nice glare in the sunlight...

...unlike a flat shaded (debadged) audi. jk.

- matt -

·
Registered
112 Posts
I personally will not drive it with badge.

How about, order the car with badge, and then you can take it off if you want to de-badge it.

I heard it can be done in 5 minutes using dental floss and some glue residue cleaning solution.

Could Bobafett the great headhunter help us w/the name of adhesive residue remover he used? Thanks in advance!

I will order the car with badge, but will remove it and save it when I re-sell (the badge will cost about $40-45 if you buy them (them = M and 5) later)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Mine are on there. I agree with the post below that the M5 is a bit "overbadged" in that there are ///M things everywhere (steering wheel, wheels, rub strips, trunk, floor mats, door sills, engine cover, etc...

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Badges, badges, badges everywhere. Yes, BMW has felt it necessary stamp the "M5" all over the car. Some places will only be seen by the owner and others by the world. After attending a Southern Califirnia meet with 45 other cars this weekend and being the only M5 in attendance, IMHO the badges are numerous, but small and tasteful and everyone there liked the look.

This is another one of those personel feeling things. Fortunatly we all don't think alike or we would all be driving the same color cars!

I like the badges,

Mark

·
Registered
911 Posts
With!!!

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Originally posted by guss:
We all need 400HP and six speeds, badges or not!

we don't need no stinkin badges! and who really needs 400Hp or 6 gears anyway?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts