BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

What shifter is in your M5 RIGHT NOW?

  • Stock

    Votes: 37 37.8%
  • ACS

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Autosolutions

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • B&M

    Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Kelleners

    Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Rogue

    Votes: 15 15.3%
  • UUC

    Votes: 32 32.7%
  • Other (sorry if I left any out)

    Votes: 3 3.1%

  • Total voters
    98
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious what everyone has installed in their E39 M5's. Please keep it current - not what you had, what you ordered - but rather, what do you have in your M5 RIGHT NOW?
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,698 Posts
Stock shifter. When I am in the car it is mated to a state of the art central shifting processor which has had a few driving school programming software revisions... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
MEnthusiast said:
Stock shifter. When I am in the car it is mated to a state of the art central shifting processor which has had a few driving school programming software revisions... :D
Ahh, Jerry. Software pulls it all together. Those driving school uploads compliment your firmware very nicely! And they're available for any BMW hardware...

:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
I'm running the shifter linkage from a Z4. A $40 part, I think. It is the lowest cost short-shift kit you can install in an M5 and it has all BMW parts. It has the same feel as the stock M5 linkage so you get 40% shorter shifts while you don't get the mechanical, metallic feel the aftermarket shifters give you. Really not a bad modification for the money.

Derek
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,354 Posts
I got the UUC EVO3 shifter baby!

I love it when it goes " whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr " as I power shift!



























Is that normal?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Suretyagent said:
I'm running the shifter linkage from a Z4. A $40 part, I think...

Derek - good one! :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
897 Posts
MEnthusiast said:
Stock shifter. When I am in the car it is mated to a state of the art central shifting processor which has had a few driving school programming software revisions... :D
Where can I get the software upgrade - I need it? Smooth I am not....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
CEC said:
Where can I get the software upgrade - I need it? Smooth I am not....
Hey Chet - I think Jerry was talking about reprogramming the software of his (human) brain ;)

Not any cheaper than M5 ECU software, but the INSTALLATION is a blast!
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
dinanm5NY said:
i guess im the only one with a rms short throw any comments

i love it, its very notchy and crisp
I currently have the RMS SSK installed in my M5, and also like it. However, its very short throws and forward sitting (non-kinked) rod may not be to everyone's liking. Also, if I were to do it again today, I would go with the UUC EVO3 with a custom 50% throw reduction plus DSSR.

The EVO3 was not available at the time, and I had used the EVO2 prior to that.

Cheers, Daniel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
EVO-lution

Hi Daniel,
Just curious, what difference do you see from your EVO 2 (currently in my car) to the EVO 3 with or w/o DSSR?
Not really dissatisfied with mine, but no other experience (other than stock).
Larry


BeastPower said:
I currently have the RMS SSK installed in my M5, and also like it. However, its very short throws and forward sitting (non-kinked) rod may not be to everyone's liking. Also, if I were to do it again today, I would go with the UUC EVO3 with a custom 50% throw reduction plus DSSR.

The EVO3 was not available at the time, and I had used the EVO2 prior to that.

Cheers, Daniel.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Re: EVO-lution

LBPDNNM5 said:
Hi Daniel,
Just curious, what difference do you see from your EVO 2 (currently in my car) to the EVO 3 with or w/o DSSR?
Not really dissatisfied with mine, but no other experience (other than stock).
Larry
The EVO2 was nice, but not as refined as what I am hearing about the EVO3 even without the DSSR. I switched to the RMS as I got a good price and was curious to try it. I like its extremently short throws. Overall, shifters are not a lot of money, and if you currently have the EVO2, you may want to switch to the EVO3 with DSSR at some point. You could also sell your EVO2.

Cheers, Daniel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
I'm stock right now. :( Not my favourite shift.

Looking to go with UUC EVO3 and DSSR in the spring :1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,625 Posts
vvanherk,

Not to pressure you, but we (BeastPower) are offering a special discounted price (see coupon thread) on the EVO3 and DSSR unit for the next two days. Please don't feel pressured to buy, but it is a nice savings that is available immediately.

Happy Holidays,

Travis
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
RyanM330ci said:
Kelleners :cheers:



That sort of reminds me more of a PC joy stick than a shifter. How is that relevant to an M5? Don't get me wrong, I own a 330 too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Had B&M, which IMO sucks and too notchy, prob since they use the same part # for E30, E36, and E39 manual shifters. Some guys here like it. Just my $1 dollar worth.


UUC EVO3 on the way courtesy of Beastpower.com !!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
I have the UUC Evo III and love it



Regards,

Marion
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top