BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

After driving BOTH cars (please be honest)... feel free to elaborate below.

• The e39 M5 is superior.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've seen polls like this before but this one is different.

I'd like to get the opinion of this on the board who have driven both cars (e39 and e60 M5s) and have an opinion about which one is better. Please don't respond if you have not driven both ( I know it's hard with so many good opinions on here). I thought this kind of poll might shed some light on the impact the new car has on drivers.

Celsius :typing:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
A bit pointless though.. of course the new car is superior in many (or even all) performance aspects. But, some might feel the E39 has an advantage in specific areas that are most important to them. I think the poll is a bit too restrictive and subjective in what defines "superior".

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vndkshn said:
A bit pointless though.. of course the new car is superior in many (or even all) performance aspects. But, some might feel the E39 has an advantage in specific areas that are most important to them. I think the poll is a bit too restrictive and subjective in what defines "superior".
The problem is that the other polls are too loaded. Some seem to feel the styling is so poor on the e60 as to make it a bad choice. The question is does driving it change peoples minds. Leaving it open makes the results more pure.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Even tho I'm still in the run in the E60 is just awesome.

I was concerned that the car would be more dependant on revs with the highly strung engine. But it is just so flexible I can pootle around in a high gear in traffic just like I did in the E39. Then the close ratio 7 speed is just unbelivable, I really can't wait till I can use all of the cars abilities.

Sacha...

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i agree that the poll is too restrictive--better performance, no doubt, but a better overall package for people's specific uses, especially considering that for some of us economics do factor into the equation (unfortunately)...not as clear...

maybe we should poll a variety of categories:

1. performance/handling
2. styling exterior/interior
3. features
4. value

we could be just like car and driver magazine!!!!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Or... more simply would you/did you ditch your E39 for an E60 based on whatever you value in a car?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts