BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice the cute Polizei copycat car in the Players Run?
Anyone see what they're driving?

It's always nice to see original ideas.

Best,
Alex

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well theres only one Polizei team and thats you Alex! Don't worry about it, it just shows you that people can't come up with their own ideas anymore.
Theres only one police car and thats the Polizei team!!!

BTW it was nice meeting you in London. I was the girl who met you on the corner of the street going into Regents Street. I asked was this your short cut and you replied on your loudspeaker " A short cut more like a long cut!"
That was cool. I'm glad that you guys did so well in the Gumball!

Long live the true original Polizei team!!!!

Joanne

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jo9 said:
Well theres only one Polizei team and thats you Alex! Don't worry about it, it just shows you that people can't come up with their own ideas anymore.
Theres only one police car and thats the Polizei team!!!

BTW it was nice meeting you in London. I was the girl who met you on the corner of the street going into Regents Street. I asked was this your short cut and you replied on your loudspeaker " A short cut more like a long cut!"
That was cool. I'm glad that you guys did so well in the Gumball!

Long live the true original Polizei team!!!!

Joanne
I think I have you on video - send a pic via PM so I can verify!

best,
Alex

·
Registered
597 Posts
Alex I took the Pic above. When I get home tonight I will check and see if I have any full pics of the car. It was a poor excuse of a Polizei car compared to your car and your effort!

Buzzed

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BuzzedHornet said:
Alex I took the Pic above. When I get home tonight I will check and see if I have any full pics of the car. It was a poor excuse of a Polizei car compared to your car and your effort!

Buzzed
What kind of car is it?

best,
Alex

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gustav said:
Players Run is a copycat of Gumball so that makes sense as well ;)
I'm surprised anyone's doing it after the MPH magazine article from last year. MPH send a journalist on it and all the drivers interviewed were complaining about the quality of the parties and various "promises" that were broken. There are so many copycat events that I would be reluctant to write a check for so much money to an organization that had such bad press.

I can vouch for Bullrun - they're the only ones who've run two big events in one year (2004) and they had a TV, film deal and sponsors in the first year, indicating some financial strength. I've been done too many rallies where the organizers ran low on cash and checkpoints & events were cancelled by the second half of the event.

In the meantime - cheers to Robb Racer on Player's Run - he's a 2003 Gumball veteran.

Best,
Alex

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
polizieim5 said:
What kind of car is it?

best,
Alex

p.s. Alex I was in London at the time as well for the Gumball start. Rolled into the carpark driving all the way from Dublin in Ireland. Was staying in the Trafalgar that night, was checking in and you were in the hotel preparing I guess. I was the sheepish looking chinese guy in a big white coat.

Great car... nice colour, oh it is the same as mine :byee55amg

- Kin

·
Registered
597 Posts
Kin Mak said:
It is a Mercedes ML?

p.s. Alex I was in London at the time as well for the Gumball start. Rolled into the carpark driving all the way from Dublin in Ireland. Was staying in the Trafalgar that night, was checking in and you were in the hotel preparing I guess. I was the sheepish looking chinese guy in a big white coat.

Great car... nice colour, oh it is the same as mine :byee55amg

- Kin
Yes it is a Merc ML. I think it is the brand new one as it isn't anything I have seen before. Although I am far from an expert when it comes to SUV's hiha

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hey Alex,

Hope all is good and you had a safe return home.

I can see from this post that you dislike other people that want to go down the same route as you and I fail to see why. A bit of competition however lame isn't a bad thing. I would welcome another diesel entry from someone as I am sure is the same for you; virtually no one else would go to the time, money and effort that I or you have. A bit of competition in my eyes can only show the world what a lesser entry looks like. If someone else wants to double the cost of their car with man hours and R&D by supertuning another diesel then bring it on I say, and if their entry is superior then my next entry would set a landmark. The world is not a monopoly; there are organisations out there to see to that. It is only through competition in business that things really evolve...

Don't take what I have said the wrong way, its just a pinch of salt sometimes goes along way.

Take care and keep up the good work,

Anthony.

·
Registered
210 Posts
It looks like the new Merc ML.
A poor copy IMO

Btw. what does CAZADOR mean?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I must admit I kinda trip on this too.

·
Banned
233 Posts
Right! For next year I will put the new BMW 3.5 Diesel engine into the Lotus and badge it up as a police car and somehow install a font of holy water in the boot while selling icecreams from the front storage area. That should about cover some of the more famous Gumball cars. Mussy can wear a police outfit while I copy the guy who wore the "fetching" lycra body suit.:hihihi:

Balkan Express
Car 72

Ant397 said:
Hey Alex,

Hope all is good and you had a safe return home.

I can see from this post that you dislike other people that want to go down the same route as you and I fail to see why. A bit of competition however lame isn't a bad thing. I would welcome another diesel entry from someone as I am sure is the same for you; virtually no one else would go to the time, money and effort that I or you have. A bit of competition in my eyes can only show the world what a lesser entry looks like. If someone else wants to double the cost of their car with man hours and R&D by supertuning another diesel then bring it on I say, and if their entry is superior then my next entry would set a landmark. The world is not a monopoly; there are organisations out there to see to that. It is only through competition in business that things really evolve...

Don't take what I have said the wrong way, its just a pinch of salt sometimes goes along way.

Take care and keep up the good work,

Anthony.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BalkanExpress said:
Right! For next year I will put the new BMW 3.5 Diesel engine into the Lotus and badge it up as a police car and somehow install a font of holy water in the boot while selling icecreams from the front storage area. That should about cover some of the more famous Gumball cars. Mussy can wear a police outfit while I copy the guy who wore the "fetching" lycra body suit.:hihihi:

Balkan Express
Car 72
You can't do that, because next year I'm coming as:

UNKDRPICH

"United Nations Kosovo Diesel Religious Police Ice-Cream Handout Transport"

Hey, it's never been done!

Best,
Alex

·
Registered
120 Posts
Imitation is the highest form of flattery, no? :thumbsup:

·
Banned
233 Posts
And I pray to you Father that it is never done! You obviously have not considered the religeous implications of trying to give an icecream to children at 150mph. I suppose it would be ok if you replaced your sirens with the musical tune traditional to an icecream van, but the chocolate sauce spraying everywhere could blind the vehicle behind you.... oh, thats ok as well... the car behind you is a black and orange SLR :M5thumbs:

polizieim5 said:
You can't do that, because next year I'm coming as:

UNKDRPICH

"United Nations Kosovo Diesel Religious Police Ice-Cream Handout Transport"

Hey, it's never been done!

Best,
Alex

·
Registered
60 Posts
BalkanExpress said:
And I pray to you Father that it is never done! You obviously have not considered the religeous implications of trying to give an icecream to children at 150mph. I suppose it would be ok if you replaced your sirens with the musical tune traditional to an icecream van, but the chocolate sauce spraying everywhere could blind the vehicle behind you.... oh, thats ok as well... the car behind you is a black and orange SLR :M5thumbs:
HAHA...classic....lets hope this clown (Oliver - SLR) isn't in the gb2006...I don't want to have to teach him a lesson in manners.

No one needs egotistical pricks trying to show their lack of masculinity by being an arsehole like that chap. He better not be in gb 2006. Us aussies deal with guys like that in an interesting manner.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts